We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May

Hi,

I have planned to climb Adam's Peak on 19th May 2013. It falls on a Sunday. How crowded it would be? Wish to start the climb by 6am in the morning. I know it's against the favorite start time of 2am. Will the weather help us for the climb in the early morning? Please advise!

18 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,540 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May

Hi there,

Any day of the week THAT time is quiet for climbers. Only some risk for collusions with descenders but the paths generally are wide enough.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May

Thanks Erik!

Hannover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May

Why do you prefer to start at 6 am ?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May

Starting at 2:30 am in Dalhousi we climbed Adams Peak on full moon/poya-day december 28 on a clear night and morning after heavy raining all evening. It was crowded on the top but not so bad that we didn't make to the other side to watch the surprising triangle shadow of the peak towards west. Starting at sunrise easily makes it to hot upwards - and you'll miss the sunrise and the shadow from up there. If it's not raining.. Best wishes, Jens Petersen, Denmark

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May

Thanks for the responses!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May

better to hike in the night...sunrise from the top is picturesque...

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May

How did the climb go on the 19th of May? I am looking at going on the morning (2am) 28th May. Was it clear once you got to the top? Can anyone give me any advice on whether it is worth climbing at this time of the year or will the visibility be too low?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May

The Adams Peak season ended today. It's not recommended to climb outside the season.

Hans

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May

Hi,just wondering if torches are required?Some people say you need them but I have read some info saying the path had lights?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May

Outside season the path is not lit, no stalls are open. You will have to carry all your needs, i.e. torches, batteries, water, food etc.

Besides the path can be slippery and it's in the breeding season for the animals.

Hans

Reply to: Climbing Adam's Peak on 19th May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted