We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luba - Club Bentota

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Luba - Club Bentota

My husband and I are travelling to Club Bentota in August and a lot of reviews mention the beach boy Luba and highly recommend him. I wonder has anyone been on one of his trips? Could you please give me a indication of the trips you did and of cost as I want to ensure I take enough money! Thanks Vic ;0)

London, United...
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luba - Club Bentota

Hi Vicxa,

Where did you find the review about him?

Regards

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luba - Club Bentota

Nearly every review for Club Bentota mentions him - may contact a few reviewers directly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luba - Club Bentota

Hi Again,

Seems to be he is one of their nominated Guide/driver, hence might be in good hand but worth to compare price with few others, Club bentota is very good place compare some of the hotels in area, with very little direct access to land but run frequently boat service to mainland. I think Club Bentota used to call Robinson Club few year back.

Regards

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luba - Club Bentota

Yes, Club Bentota was called Robinson Club many years ago.

Hans

Darlington
Level Contributor
76 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luba - Club Bentota

Hi

We are going to Club Bentota again in a couple of weeks and like you are thinking of using Luba. I have emailed a few reviewers direct and they have all spoken very highly of him and his prices seem very reasonable. I have also emailed him direct - he didnt quote a price but said that he would be able to arrange the trip to Yala Park that I want and he would be "cheap" - just to see him on the beach when I get there.

I'll post a review as soon as I return in May.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luba - Club Bentota

I was at Club Bentota for 2 weeks in March (yet to post a review) and used Luba for 3 trips. Having read recommendations I was planning on using him but he also approached me on the beach. It looked like Luba approached green banded guests (Kuoni UK guests), where other lads on beach seemed to go for the yellow banded guests, rest of Europe. There were 18 of us, ranging from 9 months to 65 years. We were there for my brothers wedding. We did a river trip which was a lovely relaxing morning, saw loads of wildlife and the kids loved it - £5. Went whale watching in Mirissa, early start as we left hotel at 5am for 7am boat. I specified that I wanted to go with Raja & the Whales having read excellent reviews on here. Amazing! Saw 5 Blue Whales and 2 pods of Sperm Whales of about 50. Also dolphins. After we went to Galle Fort, saw stick fisherman, Tsunami Memorial & Museum & Turtle Hatchery - £42. 5 went on overnight trip to Sigiriya, Dambulla, Kandy, Temple of the Tooth, Elephant Orphanage, Tea Factory & Plantation - £120 (price included driver, guide, transport, hotel, breakfast & evening meal and all entrance fees). Children were free on all trips. As a guide, Kuoni wanted £90 for whale watching. The beauty of having your own driver/guide is that you can stop when you want, where you want & change things as desired. Luba was a lovely guy, as was his 'cousin' Baba who also accompanied us on overnight trip. He also brought the bride a bouquet of flowers on her wedding day. I would highly recommend. Hope this helps.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luba - Club Bentota

Also worth mentioning that we paid in UK Sterling, so no need to change all your cash into rupees

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luba - Club Bentota

Thanks so much for your reply! Wow I was expecting trips to be a lot more! Can't wait to get there and start exploring now and it's great news we can pay in £'s! Thanks again!!!

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luba - Club Bentota

You are more than welcome. Sri Lanka is wonderful and we had an amazing time. Please feel free to pm me if there is anything else I can help with you with x

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luba - Club Bentota

i too am going club bentota in august and ive found all these comments most helpful...thanks

Get answers to your questions about Aluthgama