We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spanish language schools

Which Diriamba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ithaca, NY
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
spanish language schools

hi, my daughter (19) is planning to go to one of the language immersion schools for a month or so this summer.

Does anyone have any experience with these schools;

casa xalteva

san jaun del sur spanish school

and grenada spanish lingua

we have looked at their websites, but haven't found many reviews.

any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
283 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spanish language schools

I notice that you did not receive any responses to this post so thought I'd add my 2 cents. Don't know anything about the schools you mentioned or, for that matter, any in Nic. However, am aware that there is an abundance in & around Antigua, Guatemala. There were a lot of young people attending the 2 schools I visited to get some clarification of a grammatical issue. My wife & I found Antigua very charming, pretty good access to other activities outside of Antigua, the people reserved, and the language easy to handle because they speak clearly and slowly. We have been to CR, Mex, Dominican Rep, Venezuela, Cuba and found the Gua's the easiest to communicate with. Don't know about the speaking style of Nic.

Hope this helps.

santa fe, NM
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spanish language schools

We spent several weeks (April 2007) at the San Juan del Sur spanish school and had a GREAT experience. We thought that our teachers were excellent. My children (ages 7 through 12) spent a couple of hours per day at the local elementary school and then each had a private teacher for another 2 hours. It was a super combination. My instructor (4 hours per day) was very fun and very informative. We all learned a tremendous amount. I highly recommend this school and I really appreciated how flexible the program was... it worked out very well for us.

florida
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: spanish language schools

I just returned from my second trip to the Mariposa Spanish School and EcoHotel in Nicaragua and can't imagine any other place to study. (http://mariposaspanishschool.com/)

The school is set in between two small towns and has one on one Spanish classes every morning and activities every afternoon which includes trips to other Nicaraguan cities and attractions on the weekends. Paulette the owner from England is a gem and her website is very informative.

The fact that they pick you up at the airport and have nice rooms with hot showers (solar) and three good meals daily makes the trip stress free for the most part. They have solar power and now have Wireless internet.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spanish language schools

In Granada i definetely recommend School Xpress, they work along with a School in Leon and the one that you mentioned in San Juan del Sur, just in case your daughter wants to move from Granada to any of these places, she can start the course and continue it in either San Juan del Sur or Leon.

5. Re: spanish language schools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 05:27
Get answers to your questions about Diriamba