We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corn Islands vs. SJDS???

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
86 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Corn Islands vs. SJDS???

My wife and I are currently planning a trip to one of the two places in late December. We are having a hard time trying to decide between the two places? We are beach people who like to snorkel. Is the water/snorkeling nicer in the Corn Islands? We are in our late 20's. Any ideas/opinions? Thanks!

Also, Big,Little or both Corn Island(s)???

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
819 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corn Islands vs. SJDS???

not having been to San Juan del Sur, I cannot draw a comparison.

we just were at both Corn islands, and personally prefer Little Corn, because it's the most natural and largely unspoiled one of the two. "creature comforts" are harder to come by, but the beaches are great and thew water was warm and clear. see my review

of the place:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g612406-d137975…

if you're a little curious, I'd say "Little Corn" - just getting there is fun.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
86 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corn Islands vs. SJDS???

Thanks for your help!

Phoenix
Level Contributor
118 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corn Islands vs. SJDS???

For quality snorkeling, Corn islands is gonna be it. San Juan del Sur is definitely not at that level.

4. Re: Corn Islands vs. SJDS???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 01:20
Get answers to your questions about Corn Islands