We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dereks Place Resort

rte 66
1 post
Save Topic
Dereks Place Resort

I had a fantastic Dinner party at Dereks Place on Little Corn Island, it was very romantic. The evening bonfire drum circle was spectacular!! Right next to farm peace and love!

Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dereks Place Resort

hello evets prahs ,Can you tell me about the Corn Islands -as i.ve not been there & am curious.

Thanx, Joel

Big Corn Island
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dereks Place Resort

Derek's Place now has a website. Find link here:

http://bigcornisland.com/dereksplace.html

Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dereks Place Resort

Great- thanx,

Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dereks Place Resort

We stayed at Dereks for a week. It was fantastic. These are high end bungalows, well done and very clean. It is on solar power and has good water. Meals are taken together and are delicious. It is one of my all time favorite places. Rustic, yes. Tropical Paradise, definitely.

Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dereks Place Resort

Thanks for the info. A couple of questions. How is the bonefishing in this area? I would like to wade and fish for bonefish. Are there calm beaches/flats that are easily accessible?

Thanks!

munich
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dereks Place Resort

There have been four separate incidents of theft at Dereks Place.... It is a nice place, until your vacation is spoilt by theft and the owner, Derek, was totally UNhelpful and obstructive.

munich
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dereks Place Resort

I was at Dereks Place on the 10th. of February when my casita was broken into and my mp3 player and $700.00 was stolen. It spoilt my whole trip. I moved to Casa Iguana which was much more secure and people running it were much nicer than Derek who is really weird.

tunbridge wells
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Dereks Place Resort

Beware of staying at Dereks Place. There have been two cases of theft in the last month. Rumours suggest the owner maybe in on the deal.

Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dereks Place Resort

Thank you very much for your advice. I will be paying the extra money and staying at Casa Iguana!

Little corn island
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Dereks Place Resort

Hello, this is Derek, thanks for the good word. There are negative reports circulating against my place, written by someone who I had to kick out due to bad behavior, and whom I feared would cause harm to my clients. The police would like to talk to the same fellow who had his things "stolen", namely about how some drugs ended up in the bag of his girlfriend after they got into a fight and he left the island. Beware what you read, not everything is always true! Ultimately, if he keeps away psychos and those of bad spirit, then he will have done some good.

Search carefully and you will see that here is a genuinely nice place, and if what he said is true, you would see much more negative things, and not just someone changing his name every minute to fool everyone.

Take care and enjoy, even if you don´t visit on this side!

Derek

Get answers to your questions about Little Corn Island