We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the service at Casa Canada?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How is the service at Casa Canada?

I've read mixed reviews about the service at Casa Canada. Some people say they are surly, slow, and rude. Anyone want to weigh in on that one?

alberta, canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the service at Casa Canada?

We stayed there Feb 2010 and really enjoyed it. The people were friendly let us check in very early (as we arrived on the morning boat from little corn )when we arrived and when we went to check out I had packed all our bags and asked them to hold them till our late flight and they insisted that we go back and use the room till it was time for us to go. I don't remember the restaunt service being spectacular, but other then the free breakfast which was good we didn't eat there and tended to go to the store for drinks.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,437 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the service at Casa Canada?

I think it depends if the owners are around.

We were staying on Corn Island for 5 nights at another hotel and thought it might be nice to treat ourselves to a night at Casa Canada. The first time I went there the office was closed and when I asked someone in the restaurant when someone would be there to inquire about staying for a night they just said "I don't know" and walked away. That same night we went there hoping to inquire about staying there for a night and also to have dinner - when we arrived at about 6pm there were several employees sitting on the stairs that lead into the restaurant. just as we started to walk inside someone turned off the lights almost causing my wife to trip - seeing that we clearly were not welcome we turned around and decided to have dinner across the street at Sunrise Hotel.

Harlingen, TX
Level Contributor
664 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How is the service at Casa Canada?

I stayed at Arenas Beach Hotel for several nights in November 2010, but I ate at the restaurant at Casa Canada several times. I found the service there (and the food) to be just fine. I was always greeted with a smile, but the waitstaff really seemed to open up once I began asking about what it was like to live on Big Corn Island. Anyone (Americans and Candians especially) needs to remember that when you travel to the Caribbean, you are on "island time," and the pace of life really slows down. If you're looking to go on vacation where the waitstaff frantically runs around to serve you and flashes fake, plastic smiles to ensure you leave a bigger tip, then Las Vegas is the perfect place for you.

4. Re: How is the service at Casa Canada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 06:25
Get answers to your questions about Little Corn Island