We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information regarding Casa Iguana hotel and Dive Little Corn

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,475 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Information regarding Casa Iguana hotel and Dive Little Corn

Both Casa Iguana Hotel and Dive Little Corn are closed due to an employee work stoppage due to several months of non-payment of wages by the owner.

Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Information regarding Casa Iguana hotel and Dive Little Corn

That is horrible! I just emailed the dive shop 3 days ago for my September trip! No wonder I haven't received a response! I hope the issue is resolved soon to everyone's satisfaction.

Bourne...
Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information regarding Casa Iguana hotel and Dive Little Corn

not good since finding a room is very difficult on LCI right now

central america
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Information regarding Casa Iguana hotel and Dive Little Corn

Note also that the owners of these businesses are getting any negative reviews caused by this situation removed from TripAdvisor. As a result people have arrived to find their plans changed, and those that tried to warn other travellers have effectively been silenced.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Information regarding Casa Iguana hotel and Dive Little Corn

Scandalous. This has been going on forever with DLC and Casa Iguana, from what I could glean from my time on the island. Locals not being paid, Divemasters and Instructors being owed thousands of dollars. What a way to run a business. She should be kicked out of Nicaragua as soon as possible.

fiji
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Information regarding Casa Iguana hotel and Dive Little Corn

Yes funny seeing as when looking up casa iguana and dive little corn and the owners issues many were displayed around a year ago, it's almost as if they have spent more time removing the bad reviews from various websites and forums, but not taken the time to simply pay their staff!

A shame such a great place slowly rotting to the ground.....what a waste!

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Information regarding Casa Iguana hotel and Dive Little Corn

Very sad to see the Dive Shop shut on my last visit. Sadder still to witness the managers being removed at gunpoint and effectively thrown off the island by the owner. And all because they had not been paid for months???

San Juan del Sur...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Information regarding Casa Iguana hotel and Dive Little Corn

Shame on the owner. As an old employee i can say that payment has been a big problem for very long time, that has cost problems betwen us the employees, apart of the obvious ones. We brought the business to the highest standards and we were treated like rubbish

Malmo, Sweden
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Information regarding Casa Iguana hotel and Dive Little Corn

WORD! It is absolutely terrible. The lack of respect we got as employed, the ones before us and she has still not figured out how to treat people right. Shame on such a nice place, pretty Island and beautiful people.

2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Information regarding Casa Iguana hotel and Dive Little Corn

Despite not being paid. Its very sad to see that the amount of dedication put in by many employees over the years including myself to just see it crumble after working so hard to keep it afloat. The place and people touched many people along the way who had to leave such a great place because of circumstances caused by non payment. A real shame!!

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Information regarding Casa Iguana hotel and Dive Little Corn

Despite not being paid. Its very sad to see that the amount of dedication put in by many employees over the years including myself to just see it crumble after working so hard to keep it afloat. The place and people touched many people along the way who had to leave such a great place because of circumstances caused by non payment. A real shame!!

Get answers to your questions about Little Corn Island