We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Panga from Little Corn Island

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Private Panga from Little Corn Island

My husband and I will be staying on Little Corn Island from March 14th to the 19th, 2014. On the 19th we are leaving with the earliest Pagna to catch an 8AM flight out of Big Corn Island. If anyone is leaving at this time as well and wants to try to arrange a private Pagna to leave a bit earlier than 6:30AM, please contact me.

I am staying at the Yemaya Hotel. Their cost for this service is $200 one way. I was thinking it may be worth the shared cost to insure we made the 8AM flight? I am also open to addition information/research re: private Pagna

****To all the wonderful regulars on my beloved trip advisor who like to answer messages with unsolicited opinion on choice....please know that I realize all of the other options and the fact that I should be able to make my flight taking the regularly scheduled Pagna. I am a very experienced traveler and I am simply exploring all of my options.

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Panga from Little Corn Island

I'm curious as well - I'm arriving/ leaving around that time but not exactly sure when or I'd commit to sharing :) I am taking the afternoon flight and am wondering what the options are if we can't get on the afternoon panga to little corn. Does that happen? It's a short trip so I'd like to just get to LC and avoid a last minute stay on BC. Thanks!

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Panga from Little Corn Island

Hi wrote a private message to you but as for the ability to get on the Afternoon Panga (in terms of it being booked or too full) I don't think that happens. It don't see it ever being an issue, no need to worry. Funny enough I have meet two people from LCI recently...they can't say enough about how beautiful it is and how relaxing....so excited about the trip. If all else fails, maybe we'll see you around for a drink.!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Panga from Little Corn Island

If you **must have** the early flight from Corn Island to Managua you would best off spending the night on Big Corn before your flight.

Edited: 02 March 2014, 02:59
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Panga from Little Corn Island

ps - if you *MUST* have a private transfer from LCI to BCI you can find a local to take you across for about US$80

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Panga from Little Corn Island

****To all the wonderful regulars on my beloved trip advisor who like to answer messages with unsolicited opinion on choice....please know that I realize all of the other options and the fact that I should be able to make my flight taking the regularly scheduled Pagna. I am a very experienced traveler and I am simply exploring all of my options.

Cincinnati Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Panga from Little Corn Island

I just came back from Little Corn and spent the night on Big Corn just to see what was there. I learned that with 25 people coming over from Little Corn, there is no way the airplane leaves without them. It's only a 5+ minute taxi ride to the airport and the taxis are all lined up. I got to the airport at 7 and you could have shot a cannon through there. The boat people came over on the Panga about 7:15-7:30 and it all went very smoothly. I'd definitely take the public Panga but it DOES depart the Little Corn dock when it says it does.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Panga from Little Corn Island

<< I'd definitely take the public Panga but it DOES depart the Little Corn dock when it says it does.>>

Not always. On my last trip to LCI there was no 6:30am panga (rumor was the captain was too hung over). Not wanting to hang around the dock all day with our stuff waiting for the afternoon panga, four of us banded together to have a local take us for $80 total to BCI but by the time we arranged the ride, it was after 9am and the flight form BCI had come and gone

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Panga from Little Corn Island

We're also thinking of staying the night on big corn to guarantee that we don't miss our flight from big corn to Managua. Where do you recommend staying on big corn ? We'd be looking for a cheap but clean and convenient location so that we can leave on the early flight the next morning without any problems.

Colorado
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Panga from Little Corn Island

The vast, vast majority of the time, taking the corresponding panga for your flight works out fine. The time of year you can expect the biggest possibility of a panga not running is Nov. to Jan. yet that still seldom happens. Buying trip insurance will help protect against an unplanned event having a negative financial impact (not to mention greatly expanding your options should you become injured or ill).

Cincinnati Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Panga from Little Corn Island

I just came back from Little Corn and spent the night on Big Corn just to see what was there. I learned that with 25 people coming over from Little Corn, there is no way the airplane leaves without them. It's only a 5+ minute taxi ride to the airport and the taxis are all lined up. I got to the airport at 7 and you could have shot a cannon through there. The boat people came over on the Panga about 7:15-7:30 and it all went very smoothly. I'd definitely take the public Panga but it DOES depart the Little Corn dock when it says it does.

Get answers to your questions about Little Corn Island