We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Corn B&B water??

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Little Corn B&B water??

I'm wondering if someone can tell me what the situation with water is on the island. I am staying at little corn B&B for the first 2 nights and they mention that they have free filtered water refills for those who buy one of their packages (we did not). Are guests who bring their own water bottle or nalgene able to get water for free or do we have to pay for all water? I drink a lot of water and this might add up!

Thanks for the help!

Boston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little Corn B&B water??

I will be there over Easter weekend, and I believe you must pay 25 cents for a 16oz refill, whether you use your bottle or their glass. I also drink a TON of water, but figure a few dollars a day for fresh water should be okay.

Edited: 03 April 2014, 15:22
Ottawa, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little Corn B&B water??

Are you flying to the corn islands from managua? i'm heading there in may and i'd like to know how much it costs to get there/how many days should be spent to really make it worthwhile! any tips you have would be appreciated.

Boston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little Corn B&B water??

Yes, I'm flying from Managua on costena airlines. Tickets were $180 round trip to fly. I'm spending my first 2 nights on big corn, 2 nights on little corn, then back to big corn for 2 nights. Figure I can spend my days on little corn or big depending which I prefer when I get there. I would be happy to answer more questions when I get back from my trip!

Colorado
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Little Corn B&B water??

LCBB offers a water bottle refill program. If you are at a table or walk up a 16 oz glass of purified water is 25 cents. Bring your own bottle and up to 2 liters is only a dollar. This program saves the island from a bunch of trash and actually saves the water user a bunch of cash as a single serving bottle runs about $1 and a 2 liter bottle about $2 on the island. Proceeds from LCBB's refill program help fund their island projects like their annual free spay, neuter and treatment animal clinic, reading house construction, road improvement, beach clean up etc. This program is available to any island visitor or resident. For hotel guests, village water is available at no charge.

Boston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Little Corn B&B water??

Is village water safe to drink for someone used to USA standards for tap water?

Lyons, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Little Corn B&B water??

Hi! We just returned from Little Corn Island. We did not stay at B&B, but ate there a couple of times. They will refill your bottle for free (at least they did for us). Each time we ate at a restaurant , I asked them to fill my water bottle - most will. There is also a little convenience store near the dock where you can buy a gallon of water for about $2.50 US.

Lyons, Colorado
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Little Corn B&B water??

Ask for filtered water - all hotels and restaurants have it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
79 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Little Corn B&B water??

Thank you for the info! How was the weather while you were there? I will be there next Thursday and can't wait.

san diego
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Little Corn B&B water??

Hey everyone,

Just got back from LCI and it was amazing! A few notes on the water and transport:

- Casa Iguana offered a water refill tap for free (I stayed there and didn't realize till day 2 it was available)

- I wouldn't drink the regular tap water anywhere in Nica

- The boat ferry from Big to Little is $6 one way. Be there an hour early as it will depart when the boat is full

- The weather (Apr 10-13) was warm/hot during the day, some clouds to moderate it a bit, and the odd rain sprinkle but nothing major. i.e. perfect!

- It's windy on the east side and pretty calm on the west so don't be alarmed if there's no A/C on the east. The wind is your own personal fan.

I would recommend LCI vs. Big. You'll see - LCI is more "touristy" but in a good way. They have restaurants, places to stay, things to do...whereas Big Corn is more for locals and mainlanders who have moved there. There are a few resorty areas on Big but I felt it's less catered to those who want to chill out and explore.

Enjoy!! I didn't want to leave. Several times considered changing the flight...

Edited: 17 April 2014, 00:29
10. Re: Little Corn B&B water??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Little Corn Island