We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fist vist to La Maddalena\boat hire

Which La Maddalena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fist vist to La Maddalena\boat hire

Spending a relaxed week staying on La Maddalena in Sept this yr with the Mrs. Our first visit.

If we make are way to the island without a car I assume there is little need for one on the island?

Hiring a dingy or small boat sure looks the best way to make the most of the Island. Not a sailer but it looks like the area is easy enough to navigate around. Can anyone confirm my thoughs and suggest any hire firms and the approx cost for a week.

As a first timer any other reccomendations very welcome. (eatiin out, beaches etc)

Many thanks,

Richard

Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fist vist to La Maddalena\boat hire

If you're staying near the center of town, a car isn't necessary. Scooters are available for rent on the island and would be a fun way to get around to the other parts of the island, like the beaches, which are not near the main piazza. I hope you enjoy your visit. I had the privilege of living in La Maddalena for 2 years about 16 years ago as a Navy wife, and I absolutely loved it. I miss it still and would love to go back at some point. The locals are wonderful and the pace is very slow and relaxed. A few of my favorite spots are Cristal Bar and Garden Bar restaurant and Spalmatore Beach.

Enjoy your trip!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fist vist to La Maddalena\boat hire

mzlove1974:

Lucky you! We have been to northeastern Sardinia twice, working on our third, and it's gorgeous, especially around the Maddalenas. Did you visit Corsica when you lived in La Maddalena and, if so, do you have any tips?

Grants Pass, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fist vist to La Maddalena\boat hire

Unfortunately, I never really traveled outside the bubble of La Madd when I was there.... but that was really okay with me. It's a gorgeous place. :) Have fun on your next journey and know that I am green with envy!

4. Re: Fist vist to La Maddalena\boat hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about La Maddalena