We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are these two hotel the same?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Topic
Are these two hotel the same?

I booked one hotel Eliassen Rorbuer (4745814845) through hostels.com. Then I booked another one called Eliassen Rorbuer Drift AS (4776092305) through http://www.rorbuer.no/. I am wondering if these two are the same hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Eliassen Rorbuer
Eliassen Rorbuer
347 Reviews
Moskenesoy, Norway
Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are these two hotel the same?

Yes, that's the same company.

Edited: 06 May 2014, 05:47
Tromso, Norway
Level Contributor
5,926 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are these two hotel the same?

It can also be two different, since at Eliassen there's at least two different owners, but the location is the same.

By the way, it's not a hotel but sea houses.

Amazing location..;)

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Are these two hotel the same?

I think there are 2 types of accommodation with Eliassen - the rorbuer ("sea houses") and the main house they call a hostel which has 5 rooms (4 double and a single) and shared facilities. I guess you may have booked one of these rooms through hostels.com and perhaps a rorbu through the website?

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Are these two hotel the same?

Replies 2 and 3 are a bit misleading. A 'sjohus' (literally 'sea house') is a large fish or other warehouse converted to accommodation with many rooms, usually hostel type with simple standard and shared bathrooms. A rorbu (plural 'rorbuer' - literally 'rower's house') is a small cabin where itinerant fishermen used to live, now converted in various ways and with varying standards into a self-contained holiday cottage. I'm guessing the OP has booked one of each type, same place, same owner.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are these two hotel the same?

Thank you all.

6. Re: Are these two hotel the same?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:16