We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental from Rent a car Lofoten agency

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Seattle
Level Contributor
19 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental from Rent a car Lofoten agency

Hello,

I have booked a car from Rent a car lofoten - http://www.rentacar-lofoten.com/index.php/NO/ from SVJ airport but they don't seem very responsive to emails. Does anyone know if they are reliable? What's the best way to get in touch with them? Any recent experiences that anyone can share? I am wondering if I should cancel my car rental with them and book one of the trusted brand name companies instead

Amol

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental from Rent a car Lofoten agency

Have you tried calling them? Any company that doesn't reply to emails promptly doesn't give the customer much confidence but emails can get blocked or mis-directed.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
27,353 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental from Rent a car Lofoten agency

I have never heared anything negative regarding this company. If they offer better prices than the competition, they are perhaps understaffed in an attempt to keep costs down.

Seattle
Level Contributor
19 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental from Rent a car Lofoten agency

I have not called them yet since I was hoping email response would work out. I will most likely have to do so if I don't hear anything in the next day or so. I just want to make sure that they are reliable and wanted to solicit some help from the forum members to advise me accordingly.

Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental from Rent a car Lofoten agency

Hi

I'm having the same problem with them. Did u manage to contact them?

Seattle
Level Contributor
19 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental from Rent a car Lofoten agency

I had a very good experience in the end. The guy from the rental agency showed up promptly at the airport although it was a bit of a challenge to find him. I almost walked out of the airport and then back in before I spotted him. He mentioned they were having issues with their email inbox, looks like they have not addressed it yet. Don't worry, you should be fine since these guys are reliable. Have a safe trip!

Singapore
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental from Rent a car Lofoten agency

Okay thanx for the advice. The thing is I need to change my booking made online. Looks like I gotta call them

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental from Rent a car Lofoten agency

Anyone has recent experience with this company? Is phone the only way to get in touch with them (and does it work better than email?).

I'm trying to rent a car for next March and I can't get ahold of them by email (I tried both email adresses on their website). We arrive (with southbound Hurtigruten in Svolvaer) on a Sunday evening and I would like to know if I can book a car to pick up as we arrive. On the website it is possible to book any day at any time but I would like to be sure the car will actually be there.

Thank you for any recent feedback.

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental from Rent a car Lofoten agency

Perhaps stay overnight in Svolvaer and pick up a car the next day. You are sure to save an out of hours pick up charge which will offset the cost of the overnight stay, and you might save a day's car rental as well.

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car rental from Rent a car Lofoten agency

We are staying 5 nights in Svolvaer after that, but we booked at Svinoya Rorbuer and it's a 15/20 minutes walk from the pier, which is not great with luggage in the snow and/or if the weather is bad. So I was hoping to get the car right away. Of course I can book a taxi, probably what I'll end up doing. But I'm still a bit weary renting a car from a company that doesn't respond to email. They are significantly cheaper though!

Ah, the joy of trip planning! :)

Charmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Car rental from Rent a car Lofoten agency

A taxi will be a lot cheaper than the out of hours charge.

Get answers to your questions about Lofoten Islands