We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantico Dresscode

bottesford notts
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantico Dresscode

Hi we're due to visit the melia atlantico on 19 June. Can anybody tell me the Dresscode in the evenings for men? Are they allowed to wear smart dress shorts.

Thanks

Lynne

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantico Dresscode

Sorry you didn't get a response to your question. I am interested in the same thing and as you were staying at the Melia mid June, maybe you can answer your own question for us! I see an earlier forum post that when it was a Riu long trousers were expected for men, but many ignored that guidance (which is a shame).

London, United...
Level Contributor
836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantico Dresscode

You generally find whatever the suggested dress code it is ignored!

I always turn up for the evening meal in long trousers[I do wear a shirt,shoes and socks by the way!]

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantico Dresscode

Just back and sorry to say there is no dress code, shorts of any type seemed to be acceptable. In all fairness most people wore tailored shorts i.e no cut off jeans etc. However we both thought its few and far places now that have and stick to a dress code for dinner.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantico Dresscode

We've just returned from a lovely weeks stay in the Atlantico and we never saw any sign of a dress code! We always dress for dinner regardless of where we are in the world but these days it seems to be the norm to wear t-shirt and shorts for dinner. It doesn't bother us that much to complain but I suppose it matters to some people. C'est la vie!!

SouthYorkshire
Level Contributor
55 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantico Dresscode

It seems a shame there is no dress code now. We were there last October and returning this October. Wouldn' mind people in shorts if smart and clean. but coming in from pool or beach _ come on! We always shower and change before dinner happens in most Platinum hotels we have been to. It is bad enough looking at some of the sights during the day so I don't want my evening meal spoiled. Perhaps I will wear dark glasses!

darlington U.K.
Level Contributor
135 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantico Dresscode

Very bad isn't it. The hotel should stop this I agree. We would not even consider not wearing some decent

Clobber on a night.especially in a platinum hotel.

We have just returned from the Riu Garoe in Puerto de la cruz, a lovely hotel. No chance of

Getting in there on an evening without long trousers on.

I may have to reconsider the Melia if this is the set up there.

Graham.

7. Re: Atlantico Dresscode

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2016, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Isla Canela
Recent Conversations