We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canopy Tour

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Canopy Tour

Going to the Starfish on 5/22 (only 19 days, but who's counting?) We want to do a canopy tour. I know there are a couple of different tours. Has anyone done more than one, and if so, which did they prefer and why? My husband has a bad ankle (Needs it replaced!), so would prefer the one with the least strain on the ankle.

Thanks for any input.

Edmonton Canada
Level Contributor
955 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canopy Tour

I have only been on the one offered by Mystic Mountain and can only comment on that one.We did both Dunns River falls then Mystic Mountain in the same day.We took a cab from out front of the resort not inside (you pay more) .We loved Mystic Mountain.You do a chairlift ride up the mountain and the ocean view to your left is so beautiful such a ralaxing beautiful ride.Once up there you can do a bobsled ride which we did and it was SO fun!!There are also displays about Jamaican Altheltes and other famous Jamaicans in history in a display area up there .The grounds are beautifu as well.They also have an infinity pool with a water slide you can use .We did the bobsled then the kids swam ,we went into the restaraunt - pub and had a drink.Lastly we did the Zip Lining.It was a short walk down from the area where you get into your gear to the 1st zip line area.Not much walking involved actaully .I have bad kness and it was fine for me.It was a terrficly fun day for us.The facility is new and really top notch.The staff were excellent and lots of fun.It was an expensive day but lots of fun and a great facility.Look up Mystic Mountain here on the forum and read other peoples take on it.If you have any other ?'s don't hesitate to private message me.

Oh and by the way we used Devon as our cab driver very reliable ,immmaculate van and fair prices.Just ask for him outside the gates .If you have him tell him Shelley who he took to Goodwill School in March refered you.

Shelley

Ps I did not do the Dunns Falls with my bad knees and would not reccommend it for your husband as he could very easily turn his ankle in the water and spoil the trip for himself.I did however walk up the side of the Falls(all paved ) and take photos of teh gang.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canopy Tour

Thank you Shelly, I will look this up.

We did Dunn's about 10 years ago and loved it, but we don't plan on doing it again because of his ankle.

I appreciate your input.

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canopy Tour

the only one i no of is the one at mystic mountain..

they also do zip lining and bob sled there,, but may be too much for your husband..there is also a pool at the top and it has great views.

england
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canopy Tour

shellster ahs given you lots of info on the place

5. Re: Canopy Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2009, 06:21