We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FDR Pebbles closed

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
windsor ontario
Level Contributor
885 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
FDR Pebbles closed

Just talked to a freind who works there they are closed and the staff dosnt know when they will reopen. She ays a lot of the male staff are working on the cruise ship dock construction in Falmouth.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FDR Pebbles closed

Thanks for the info. We are booked into Pebbles late January and have been told (by their booking agent) the resort will reopen in November and they will make an an announcement shortly with the dates (presumably on their website?).

They are aware of this posting on the forum.

Though they have closed and reopened before its always cause for concern I suppose. We have never been to FDR resort so may get the chance I guess if Pebbles remains closed but hopefully it won't come to that.

Appreciate it if anyone else has information.

ottawa
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: FDR Pebbles closed

We booked a week Dec 4 to 11, 2009 and was bumped from Pebbles to FDR. They didn't say why we were bumped but might have to do with the closure?

windsor ontario
Level Contributor
885 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FDR Pebbles closed

Leave on tuesday I will be talking to some of the staff from Pebbles I will try to get the scoop on when they plan to reopen if they havnt already.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FDR Pebbles closed

We were booked at Pebbles for Jan 29th. They called us yesterday and said the resort will remain closed until at least February but I can't imagine how they will reopen if they were unable to fill up for Christmas.

We have been rebooked into FDR Resort.

We will post a review when we get back but if anyone has comments re FDR Resort vs Pebbles would like to hear.

new hampshire
Level Contributor
310 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FDR Pebbles closed

Isn't that a plus, getting transferred to the FDR? It looks like an upgrade from Pebbles. We were thinking about booking for April. I emailed them yesterday and they said they would reopen in January, guess that's changed too! As long as they moved us to the FDR, I can't see where that would be a problem. Any thoughts?

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FDR Pebbles closed

I'm sure FDR Resort is great and considered by some to be an upgrade from Pebbles given its nicer rooms. We liked the rustic cottage style rooms on the the waters edge at Pebbles with its nicer beach and long stretches of undeveloped beach on either side. Also its closer to Sangster and less expensive so the right call for us.

Having said that I'm also sure we will have fun at FDR Resort except for the fact there are alot of nice Pebbles folks out of work just now. I hope they reopen and you get there in April.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
146 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FDR Pebbles closed

I think whether you consider FDR an upgrade from Pebbles may also depend on the age of your kids. We stayed at Pebbles last year with our 11 & 14 year olds and they really cater to the tween/teen set. There were lots of little ones around as well, but that age group gets specific attention and activities. We stopped at FDR for a couple of hours as part of a rafting excursion and it seemed very nice, but we didn’t see any older kids.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
146 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FDR Pebbles closed

I think whether you consider FDR an upgrade from Pebbles may also depend on the age of your kids. We stayed at Pebbles last year with our 11 & 14 year olds and they really cater to the tween/teen set. There were lots of little ones around as well, but that age group gets specific attention and activities. We stopped at FDR for a couple of hours as part of a rafting excursion and it seemed very nice, but we didn’t see any older kids.

Delaware
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FDR Pebbles closed

Yes FDR would be considered an upgrade...But many of us who have had the Pebbles experience would definately prefer Pebbles. Once you have been there you know.

Akron, OH
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FDR Pebbles closed

I agree. Having been to both, we prefer Pebbles. The rooms at FDR are nicer, yes but we love the beach at Pebbles and the proximity of the rooms to the water. We're booking something for January/February and I'm really hoping that Pebbles will be open.