We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes Questions

Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Breezes Questions

I have a few questions about Breezes Trelawny that may seem trivial, but are nagging me. Thanks so much in advance for any insight you can share.

Rooms - On the Breezes website I saw a room configuration with a king and bunkbeds. Are these rooms in the cottages only? Online, I was able to book one "moutain view" room for 2 adulta & 2 kids (12 & 13) witout paying extra for a cottage. Are the mountain view ooms in the tower? Another post indicated that the tower rooms only accomodate 3, whereas the cottages can accomodate 4. I am trying to figure out whether or not I need to change my accomodation choice. I would love a bunkbed room, assuming the bunkbeds are normal twin size and can accomodate a tall 13 year old.

Are Older Kids Allowed at Pool Bar? Our kids (12 & 13) love swim up bars to occasionally order a virgin frozen drink. They think it is the bomb. Is this possible at Breezes, or is the swim up bar pool adult only? I hate to tell them if it is.

Does anyone have any info on the onsite scuba diving at Breezes? I called their Breezes 800# and they gave me a price for scuba dives and said they have PADI folks on site. Do they have their own dive boat, and how was the diving? Does anyone know if they have Nitrox available? None of this info was available online or elsewhere that I could find.

Thanks so much!

Edited: 05 May 2010, 06:10
Miramichi, Canada
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes Questions

Hi,

Mountain view rooms are in the tower section, we had a connecting room for our teenagers in march which was great. This gave us two bathrooms with teenagers this was needed.

The rooms with bunk beds are cottages, from my understanding also.

As far as the pool bar goes we didn't use it, it is not close to the beach where we spent most of our days. We did put our feet in that pool water and at the beginning of march it was a little cool. not to inviting to have drink.

My kids got drinks anywhere so I can't see any problem.

Have fun we sure did.

J

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes Questions

the pics you saw are from the cottage.We stayed at xmas, Great for 2 adults & 2 children.We loved it ,close to everything

United, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
264 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes Questions

when we stayed in the tower, we had a queen size bed and a single bed, but they may have different bed arrangements in other rooms in the tower for different size parties. The cottage room we got had a queen size bed and a bunk bed along the wall. My daughter,23, is 5 ft. 10 in. tall and was able to sleep comfortably in the bunk bed. As for the adult pool, most of the time we are there , I rarely see any adults in this pool or at the swim-up bar, and my son,15, spent much of his time there using the slide in the adult pool and swimming there with another teen he met there. Also, while there, he drinks virgin pina-coladas the entire time we are there, and goes up to the bar to order them himself. Sometimes they have self-serve machines set up by the pool bars with virgin strawberries daquiris and pina coladas, we bring along our insulated mugs rather than going back every 15 min. to have the small plastic cups refilled. Never snorkeled there, but plan to next week when we are there, May 13-16. Happy Travels, Peace

Las Cruces, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes Questions

When wil you be there? We will be there May 29-June 8. We also have a 13 year old (boy). We are also scuba divers and we are looking forward to doing some diving while there. Don't know any more than you about diving at Breezes so I guess we will find out when we get there.

Ana

Level Contributor
43 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes Questions

Thank you, everyone, for the most helpful info. I just love this website and all the people that help each other. It sure makes planning a vacation to new places alot less stressful. I did go ahead and book a cottage room. It sounds like it will work better for us.

Ana,

We are going Thanksgiving week (early planner). I am sure we would have met up if we were going the same time as you, especially since you are scuba divers. I would so appreciate it if you would post when you return and let us know about the diving. I did call Breezes about it yesterday since I couldn't find any info about it elsewhere. They told me that they do have PADI staff, and that a boat will take you right from the resort to dive. They even gave me the pricing, which is $45/1 dive, $80/2 dives, $150/4 dives and $180/6 dives, which is better than Breezes Curacao. However, in Curacao they have 1 free shore dive/day, but no such luck here, probably because they have no reef close to shore. I am jealous that you are going so soon! Have a blast.

Las Cruces, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes Questions

I will let you know. I am really looking forward to going!

Salinas, California
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Breezes Questions

I was just there 2 weeks ago. My daughter and I are both divers. We were only able to dive 3 times due to weather conditions (windy). 2 of the dives were shallow because we had un-certified divers with us. The 3rd dive was a wall dive and much deeper, went 91 ft. There is only 1 dive a day (morning dive only) when we were there. The reef was just "OK" lots of dead corral but looks like it's coming back. The wall dive was really cool. Saw big eels and lots of fish. We brought our own equipment but the equipment they had looked good, it was Sherwood equipment, BCs and regs. We brought our own snorkeling stuff as well. Robin, the dive master, does a good job of guiding you around the reefs. If you want to snorkel without the resort staff and boat, talk to Leon the Lobster Man on the beach. He knows where all the good snorkeling is and says he has his own "reef." He will take you out right there in front of the resort for a small price. We went straight out from the island, look for the rocks covered with a net, that's the old sewer line and follow it straight out 8-10 ft water and you'll see lots of fish and maybe even stingrays. Go out early in the morning to avoid the boat traffic. The more you dive, the cheaper the rate. My daughter and I both had 3 dives for a total of 6 and were charged $180 total, $30 a dive, not bad. Hope this helps. Have fun. Let me know if you have any other questions.

8. Re: Breezes Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Falmouth
Recent Conversations