We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dunn's River

Toronto
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Dunn's River

Hey there,

Does anybody have any information and/or tips on a trip from the Trelawny to Dunn's River Falls? I am wondering about rates, admission & safety as far as climbing the falls for our 7 & 9 year olds. If you take a "tour" is it a full day? How far is the drive from the resort?

Thanks in advance!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,912 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dunn's River

I'd say it's about an hour and 15 min drive from Falmouth (I am assuming you are staying at Breezes).

Your kids should be OK climbing, there are guides there to help you out. In any event there is a path alongside and plenty of pools to hang out in, if you are not on one of the big tours where everyone has to hold hands and climb together.

You will be offered a group tour from your hotel and that's one easy option, just stop by the tour desk and pick a day. You can also arrange a private tour for just your family, with kids i personally prefer that because we are not locked into a tour schedule. Often it can be a similar price, especially if you book NOT with your hotel but directly with a driver/guide.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dunn's River

Is the group tour included in your stay?

Toronto
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dunn's River

Kimluc, no, not that I know of.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dunn's River

Dunn’s River is a must see in my opinion. It’s commercial, touristy, often crowded, but spectacularly beautiful. Most seven and nine year olds should cope with the climb, but keep close to them as a few parts are a bit tricky. Should a child lose their confidence, there are a few places to the left where they can bail out to the safety of the footpath and steps.

5. Re: Dunn's River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 08:32
6. Re: Dunn's River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2011, 08:32