We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this the resort for us?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is this the resort for us?

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I have traveled to Jamaica many times. We have stayed in the Dunns, Ocho, Runaway, Montego, and Negril areas. We have also stayed at the Breezes Resorts along with Couple and Sandals and they have all been adult only resorts.

We are traveling with family this year and our cousin has a baby, who will be a little over 1yr. old when we travel. We really like the adult only resorts, but due to the baby have to find a place in which children are welcome. I was wondering if Breezes Trelawny would be a good fit for us?

Is this a family only type of resort? Would couples without children enjoy the resort as well? I am also a little concerned with some of the reviews. I also need to know how far away is the resort from Montego and Dunns? Any other advise or suggestions would be appreciated too!

Thanks for your time!!

Stacie

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this the resort for us?

Hi Stacie;

We also go the adult only route and I can say from experience you do not want to go to Breezes Trelawny! The food is horrible, the cutlery sometimes plastic at the buffet, the rooms have concrete walls like the inside of a school etc. If you are accustomed to Couples, Sandals and the like I would look at one of the Iberostar resorts or Beaches Negril. I took my teenage daughter to Breezes Trelawny when it was called Starfish Trelawny 3 years ago and learned the hard way. It is cheap for a reason.

ATLANTA
Level Contributor
619 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this the resort for us?

also take a look at riu ocho rios.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,092 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this the resort for us?

If you have enjoyed your Sandals trip in the past, then perhaps you should look at Beaches, it is the family version of Sandals. There is a Beaches on the north side of Jamaica, in the Ocho area. The same amount of travel time to the southwest is Beaches Sandy Bay and Beaches Negril.

Both of these are very nice family all-inclusives on the famous Seven Mile Beach in Negril. We have been to both and suggest looking at the Beaches.com site for more info.

4. Re: Is this the resort for us?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2011, 05:16