We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Stop in Falmouth (Jan 2012)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise Stop in Falmouth (Jan 2012)

My wife and I, together with my in-laws, will be stopping in Falmouth on the Oasis in Jan 2012. We would like to visit Good Hope Estate, with high tea, river tubing, but no zip-lining, as well as the Great Houses/ Hall Seat. Can someone recommend a driver/tour guide with whom we can pre-arrange rather than doing a cruise tour?

Also, does anyone know the dress code for high tea at Good Hope?

Thanks,

Mark

jamaica
Level Contributor
456 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise Stop in Falmouth (Jan 2012)

Lots of certify taxi by the gate , bargain with them.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
790 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise Stop in Falmouth (Jan 2012)

I read on cruisecritic.com that lunch/high tea at the Good Hope Great House is only available through a cruise tour. Not sure if that's still the case.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise Stop in Falmouth (Jan 2012)

Very interesting! That may be true because I couldn't find anything on the Good Hope website about high tea - so I e-mailed them to ask. Thanks!

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,688 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise Stop in Falmouth (Jan 2012)

I think the Martha Brae river raft is the closest to to. May interupt your high tea-

PEACE!

Memphis, Tn
Level Contributor
81 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise Stop in Falmouth (Jan 2012)

Wentworth Tours is excellent. We use them everytime we go to Jamaica. He will customize a tour for you. We are using them again in July 2012 for our group trip.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise Stop in Falmouth (Jan 2012)

Sorry, what does this mean?

"I think the Martha Brae river raft is the closest to to. May interupt your high tea-"

Edited: 26 October 2011, 21:15
7. Re: Cruise Stop in Falmouth (Jan 2012)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2013, 11:17
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise Stop in Falmouth (Jan 2012)

you mention good hope estate high tea in your original post..

Searcy, Arkansas
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise Stop in Falmouth (Jan 2012)

We used Wentworth tours and they were great, but I don't know if you will be able to do all of that in one day. Our days at port were actually shorter than we expected. Wentworth was very knowledgeable and entertaining. They were open to go anywhere we wanted within our time frame.

8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise Stop in Falmouth (Jan 2012)

I would recommend setting up your excursion with your transportation. I was in Falmouth when the ship came in and I felt overwhelmed. It helps to know what your doing and to arrange a taxi or shuttle as there will be a lot of people vying for your attention. I used Ras Star

Tours out of Falmouth. My Driver was

great very knowledgeable. I totally

recommend doing Martha Brae. I don't

think there is a dress code for tea at

Good Hope. You could spend the whole day there. Good luck ! I can't wait for my next trip