We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jamaica Cruise Question

Auburn, Alabama
1 post
Save Topic
Jamaica Cruise Question

So me and some girlfriends are taking a Royal Caribbean Cruise to the Jamaica port and none of us want to pay to do an excursion. From my previous cruises i have always had a good time going to Señor Frogs and drinking all day along the water, however i don't see that there is one in Jamaica so i was wondering if any one knew of a place like Señor Frogs for me and my friends to go be in a fun environment and drink for the day!

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jamaica Cruise Question

Margaritaville? (sp)

New England
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jamaica Cruise Question

Would the cruise ship be coming into Ocho Rios? Or another port?

caribbeantravelmag.com/article/A-Beach-Lover…

"

Dunn's River is famous for its waterfall, but few take advantage of its half-mile, golden-sand beach, which is neatly bisected by the icy waters of the 600-foot cascade that empties onto its shore. Visit the falls early in the morning or in late afternoon to avoid the cruise-ship crowd.

Walk through Main Street's Ocean Village shopping center to Ocho Rios Bay Beach (also known as Turtle Beach), a curvaceous classic complete with clear, shallow water, fine sand and heavy-laden coconut palms, all set against the backdrop of cruise ships docked nearby. Three resorts share its sands, but the beach is surprisingly quiet. Also in the town center, the beach at Island Village entertainment complex is small but busy, offering every conceivable water sport to hordes of shoppers and cruise-ship passengers.

Ten minutes' drive east of town, Reggae Beach has a more natural and rugged feel, embraced by a pair of rocky outcrops and sheltered by leaning sea grape trees. James Bond Beach, in the nearby town of Oracabessa, is best known as a concert venue but has two intimate white-sand coves.

"

Edited: 04 March 2014, 10:59
New England
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jamaica Cruise Question

Oops... I see it's Falmouth. Sorry!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,645 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jamaica Cruise Question

Just curious why you would go to these beautiful ports of call and then not want to see them?

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jamaica Cruise Question

Enjoy your time Katheryn! and War eagle!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jamaica Cruise Question

If you are going to the Falmouth port there isn't much close by. There is Margaritaville in Montego Bay. There is also Doctor's Cave Beach Club or Seawind Beach Club. Both are private beach clubs with bars and restaurants.

7. Re: Jamaica Cruise Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:17