We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transportation

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Golden, Colorado
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport Transportation

I will need to get from the cruise port in Falmouth to the airport in Montego Bay on a Thursday afteroon. What's the best way to do so? Taxi? Shuttle service? How much time should I allow? How busy is the airport? Do I need to get there 2 hours early if I only have carry-on luggage? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

United States
Level Contributor
11,088 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transportation

"What's the best way to do so? Taxi? Shuttle service?"

A taxi is about your only option. The shuttle services provide service hotels between the airport and hotels and would not want to wait for you to land (go thru customs, immigration, etc.) in Falmouth. In addition, the shuttles are shared and the other customers on the shuttle will not want to wait either (most are on a tight schedule to get to the airport).

Look for the taxi fare from Falmouth to the airport to be in the $US60 range for 1 to 4 people one way (the rate is per taxi, not per person).

"How much time should I allow?"

The drive time from Falmouth to the airport is about 30 min. one way.

"How busy is the airport?"

That depends on what you mean by 'afternoon'. If 'afternoon' means any takeoff time between 4PM and midnight there will be no problem and you will almost have the terminal to yourself. For example, today there are only three departures between 4PM and midnight. If 'afternoon' means any takeoff time between noon and 3:59PM then yes it will be busy with a final rush of plans departing just before 4PM.

"Do I need to get there 2 hours early if I only have carry-on luggage?"

Yes.

"Any suggestions would be appreciated"

Remember to keep and bring the bottom section of your immigration form, form C5, to the airport. You will be required to turn in that section (the bottom section) of the immigration form at the airport.

Jackson, Tennessee...
Level Contributor
33 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transportation

Actually, our flight departed at 4PM from Montego Bay two weeks ago and the place was a madhouse. Our driver said that it was a busy time for departing flights, but maybe it depends on the day. Taxi's are a safe way to travel in Jamaica, but establish your price up front.

United States
Level Contributor
11,088 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transportation

"our flight departed at 4PM from Montego Bay two weeks ago and the place was a madhouse."

Four PM is the end of the rush hour at the airport. For example, the same number of flights depart from MBJ today between 3:30PM and 3:59PM (a 30 min. period) as depart between 4:00PM and midnight (an 8 hr. period). For quick passage thru the airport you want a flight departing after 4PM (say at 5PM or 6PM). Typically after 4PM the terminal becomes almost empty.

"maybe it depends on the day"

Yes, it depends on the day of the week and the week of they year as to the number of flights arriving and departing.

4. Re: Airport Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 05:17