We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car

west virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
Rental Car

My husband and I are staying at El Con next week. Should we reserve a car now or wait until we arrive? Does anyone know if there is a price difference? We are wondering if it would be cheaper to reserve ahead of time, but we are not sure if we will need a car there so we were thinking about waiting.

Torri

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,274 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car

Renting upon arrival will not only risk or limit the car availability, but will also getting a good deal. My suggestion

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,274 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car

Sorry I hot "reply" too soon.

My suggestion is to reserve in advance.

west virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car

Should we rent a car for our entire trip or can we get away with giving it up a day and half early? We have free shuttle to and from the airport and are just trying to save the extra money.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,052 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car

Unless you want to stay at the Resort the whole time, I would suggest a car. Actually you should rent from San Juan, this way you save transportation cost to the Hotel. At the Hotel the cost may be a little higher then a local car rental

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,172 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car

Looks like Enterprise has the car rental concession at the El Con now. Cars are about $50 a day. YOu can always see if you have some kind of discount that would work. Renting from the airport is about $25 a day, sometime less. But the self parking fee at the El Con is about $20 a day. If you already have paid for the transportation to the resort or it is included in your package. I would see what kind of discounts I can get with enterprise and rent the car at the resort. Check your home car insurance it may cover you in PR. Progressive does and AAA did when I lived in MI. I just go online and lower my deductibles as low as they can go and raise the rental car reimbursement as high as it will go(Loss of use on the rental car if wrecked). Costs me no more the $10 a week rather than the $20 a day plus they want.

6. Re: Rental Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 08:17