We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran Christmas Snorkeling

Which Fajardo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lenexa, Kansas
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Catamaran Christmas Snorkeling

I would like to book a snorkeling trip on a catamaran for Christmas Day. I have already spoken to several places. I have no problem with drinking, but would prefer to be on a boat that doesn't encourage people to get totally drunk. I would like to have recommendations on a snorkeling tour. I tried to find reviews on Caribbean School of Aquatics Fun Cat, but haven't been able to find any. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Also, I realize that the moonl is posted as "considerable light" on December 26 and 27. Would it be worth going to the Bio Bay at this time?

We could go on December 24, but I don't think anyone will be going out on Christmas Eve.

Thanks,

Gary

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
7,984 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran Christmas Snorkeling

Check with a scuba diving operator. No drinking on those trips. I know out of Rincon they run scuba and snorkel off the same boat.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,903 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran Christmas Snorkeling

When we went on the Fun Cat, they didn't "encourage" anyone to get "totally drunk". The booze was there (watered down considerably), but I didn't see anyone getting trashed. You can read our review of the trip at in our visitor guide at puertoricodaytrips.com/fun-cat-snorkel-catam…

For the bio bays, the moon will be "fair" on the nights of Dec 26 & 27, which is between "good" (which ends on 12/24) and "bad" (which begins on 12/28) on our scale. Given that time of the month, sooner will be better than later. It's a busy time here. I wouldn't doubt that operators are running trips on 12/24. Make some inquiries. Here's our moon calendar -- www.puertoricodaytrips.com/biobay-and-moon/

Hope this helps!

3. Re: Catamaran Christmas Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 07:17