We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for San Juan stay

Which Fajardo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Tips for San Juan stay

My family will be arriving in San Juan and staying at Hampton Inn around 3pm 7/24 Sat for the night. We will leave for the Carnival Cruise the next night departing at 10PM for Southern Carribean. Can you give me input so we can have the time well spent in Old San Juan and the general area? How will the best route to take to tour old San Juan from the hotel at the late afternoon hours? May be if you can sugguest any hotel which is within walking distances to old San Juan attractions? Another concern is that we do not feel the need to rent the car for one day. Do you know the phone numbers of areas where we can have our lugguage kept till checking in for the cruise?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,017 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips for San Juan stay

There are several hotel in Old San Juan. The El Convento, Sheraton and a HoJo. Check those out and you will be right there. Most of the Hotels will keep your luggage ith the Bell hope after check out until you are ready to pick it up.

Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips for San Juan stay

Thanks PR_Bob for your suggestion. I'll check into some old San Juan hotels as they may be close to the pier, perhaps within short walking distances!

3. Re: Tips for San Juan stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2010, 05:16