We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day at El Yunque, beach, and bioluminescent bay

Which Fajardo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
Level Contributor
99 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Day at El Yunque, beach, and bioluminescent bay

Hello! Getting ready for our pre-cruise trip! Looking forward to being in Puerto Rico! Our family of 6 (children are college age and one older teen) are planning a long sightseeing day on Friday, January 3. We are planning on El Yunque for 3 to 4 hours, hitting one of the beaches, having dinner, then we have reservations at 9pm for electric boats.

My questions are: which beach would you recommend? Seven Seas or Balneario Luquillo ? Which restaurant would be casual near bioluminescent bay and serve puerto rican food as well as fresh seafood? How long should we allow for dinner and driving? We will have a rental car. I know this will be a long day but we are planning to spend the day before in OSJ.

I would appreciate any input! Thanks ahead of time!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day at El Yunque, beach, and bioluminescent bay

There are a lot of food kiosks at Luquillo Beach (at the beach) and the Kioskos of Luquillo right off the highway. There are not any options for food at Seven Seas Beach, but Seven Seas is a nicer beach in my opinion. Luquillo Beach has better facilities. I don't know when you plan on going to the beach but weekends are crowded on Luquillo Beach and if you go late, the beach is strewn with trash.

Pasion for el Fogon is an excellent restaurant in Fajardo.

Edited: 01 November 2013, 02:51
Missouri
Level Contributor
99 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day at El Yunque, beach, and bioluminescent bay

Thanks so much for your speedy response! We will be in the area on Friday, January 3. I did look up the website for this recommended restaurant and it certainly looks like a place we would love to go. Do you recommend reservations? Thanks again!

3. Re: Day at El Yunque, beach, and bioluminescent bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:17