We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night tour at BioBay with a 2 year old

boston, ma
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Night tour at BioBay with a 2 year old

Hello, we are visiting San Juan from 12/11-12/15. I tried to book the night tour with BioIsland but it is completely sold out. What are the other alternatives to take a 2 year old to the night tour? Thank you very much!

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,245 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night tour at BioBay with a 2 year old

One of my best friends is a sales manager for one of the hotel chains in PR. She tried to book this tour for me, and she had the same problem. Apparently, some tour operators will be on vacation in December, which is why everything is already booked. It's weird, beings that it's high season for the island but oh well... Keep trying I guess in case someone cancels. :(

boston, ma
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night tour at BioBay with a 2 year old

That is helpful to know that I am not alone. Thanks so much!

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night tour at BioBay with a 2 year old

You can try Capt Suarez at Baby Bay Cruisers. I am not 100% sure, but I believe he will also take kids under 6 in his boat. Depends on if he has life jackets that small.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night tour at BioBay with a 2 year old

Thank you so much. I found no one answers their phone listed on the website. Would you recommend the walking tour for the 2 year old?

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,245 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night tour at BioBay with a 2 year old

"Would you recommend the walking tour for the 2 year old?"

There aren't any walking tours of the bio bay. It can only be seen from the water.

That being said, beings that it's an evening tour, I would have to say that it's not a good idea to take a toddler on the bio bay tour. I mean this with all the respect in the world: small children are unpredictable. They can get tired early, or get nervous in unfamiliar situations. Personally, I wouldn't put a child through such conditions and possibly prevent others (and yourself) from enjoying the tour.

Edited: 03 December 2013, 18:30
El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night tour at BioBay with a 2 year old

Las Cabezas offers a night tour of their property and it includes walking on a boardwalk above the biobay and being able to see it.

I don't know if they have a minimum age. But I just checked their page and they don't have any tours for your dates.

Keep trying the phone for Suarez. I know they get a lot of calls. I have gotten through on 787-655-2739 on rare occasion (in morning). I am still awaiting an answer to an email from a few days ago, so calling is probably the best.

Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Night tour at BioBay with a 2 year old

Hello I don't think any kayaking company will permit a baby on the kayak. The kayak only fits two people and both people are in life jackets.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Night tour at BioBay with a 2 year old

I am with Paris7002, a Toddler is too small for this trip. It will be dark and it's late.When my Kids were small I took them all over, but not at Night, because they would get cranky. And that can disturb the other Tourists, since there will be at lot of talking by the Guides with information

Luquillo
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Night tour at BioBay with a 2 year old

First ! Someone should have told you that the bio-bay has been hit with a serious problem. The Micro organisms that do all the glowing have been missing for a few weeks and may or may not return. If you take the tour right now you will find very little evidence of anything fluorescent unless it's a light bulb. Forget the bay for the time being.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Night tour at BioBay with a 2 year old

The bay is fine, it was dark Nov 1-8th, that is it. The bio-luminescent glow is back.