We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation around Puerto Rico

J M
calgary
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation around Puerto Rico

My husband and I are going to Puerto Rico next week and I am just trying to figure out how we will get around. We need to go from San Juan to Fajardo one way, is there a bus we could take? We are totally fine with public transportation if that is available as taxis seems really expensive. Renting a car won't be a suitable option for us.

How much should we expect to pay for a taxi from El Conquistador to Ceiba airport?

How much is a golf cart rental for a day on Culebra?

Does the airport in San Juan have a shuttle service to old San Juan in the middle of the night?

Also, I booked a flight with a small airline and have no confirmation, and can not get ahold of anybody. I have all of my info. written down but feel nervous having a flight with no confirmation, is this to be expected?

Thanks everyone, I know it is a lot of questions. I like having things planned ahead of time, CAN'T WAIT!

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,201 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation around Puerto Rico

"We need to go from San Juan to Fajardo one way, is there a bus we could take?"

I'm afraid not. Taxi or rental car are the ways to go.

"How much should we expect to pay for a taxi from El Conquistador to Ceiba airport?"

I'm not sure how much the taxis would charge. You may want to give them a call. Here's the taxi website: http://www.cabspr.com/

"Does the airport in San Juan have a shuttle services into old San Juan in the middle of the night?"

There are no shuttle services in San Juan whatsoever. Taxi is the way to go.

I'm sorry I can't help with the golf cart question. As far as the small airline question, what's the name of the airline?

J M
calgary
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation around Puerto Rico

Vieques Airlink. I can not get any confirmation, however I know some companies don't do that. Should I be concerned? I need to get on that plane! Thanks!

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation around Puerto Rico

The one-way taxi rate from San Juan to Fajardo is $80.

Peoria, Illinois...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation around Puerto Rico

I used Air Flamenco and got a confirmation email with the boarding passes. Vieques air might be doing the same thing. I'm sure they are reliable and you can call them to confirm your reservation.

The golf carts rentals are $50 per day and you can get them right after landing in Culebra at the airport (Charlie's jeep rental). I didn't rent one when I was there but wish I did. Based on my experience with the taxis,especially late in the night and early morning, I would recommend you get the golf cart and at the worst case ask some locals around for directions to where you want to go, if the gps you use doesn't work.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation around Puerto Rico

How about from Isla Verde to Culebra? How can I get there? How much will it cost me? And is it worth the trip? Is there a significant difference between the beaches?

Thanks

6. Re: Transportation around Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:17