We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fresh food/markets near (or on the way to) El Conquistador

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fresh food/markets near (or on the way to) El Conquistador

Hi everyone! My family of three stayed at the Las Casitas Villages adjacent to El Conquistador last August, and we are considering going back. Our biggest issue was we had a car and wanted to get lots of fresh food to have in the Casita for lunches, snacks, that sort of thing. Based on advice I got here, we stopped at Walmart and Ralph's Market. However, Ralph's did not have a deli or what I would consider good prepared foods. We were hoping to make good sandwiches, that sort of thing for lunch, and we were unable to do so with the options at Walmart and Ralphs.

Are there any little markets near the resort that would have things like quacamole, deli meat, good bread, that sort of thing? I appreciate any advice! We will probably go back even without any recommendations because we just loved the beautiful property and views, but it would be great to be able to find a great little market somewhere along the road between the SJU airport and Fajardo with awesome fresh food. Thanks!!!

Liz

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,602 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fresh food/markets near (or on the way to) El Conquistador

You can get that at Hacienda Market in Miramar, a slight detour from your route. It is close to the Courtyard Marriott Miramar if you need directions. Another option would be the Pueblo supermarket at Ciudadela on Ponce de Leon Ave.

Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fresh food/markets near (or on the way to) El Conquistador

Thank you so much!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fresh food/markets near (or on the way to) El Conquistador

I am in Fajardo now and could not find Ralph's. We are staying at the Pena Mar Condos. Can sombody can give directions to Ralphs? Thanks

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fresh food/markets near (or on the way to) El Conquistador

You passed it on RT 3 eastbound side. It is right by the CVS (they have a big sign).

From Pena Mar, go back westward to RT 53/3. It is a tiny bit confusing due to roadwork. But once you are going westbound on RT 3, you will pass an old Sears/Kmart. There is a supermarket in there also I think (unless they closed). Just a few lights more and you will see Ralph's on the left. It is set back a little, but they have a large parking lot out front.

Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fresh food/markets near (or on the way to) El Conquistador

There also is the Econo supermarket in the same plaza as Walmart on Rte. 3. If I recall, they do have some (but not a lot) of prepared foods, deli meats, etc. It is a full service market like Ralph's.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,112 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fresh food/markets near (or on the way to) El Conquistador

You can get good Bread and Deli Meats at a Bakery just of Road # 3 before Luquillo Beach.Sorry, forgot the Name

barefoot travelers...
Level Contributor
146 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fresh food/markets near (or on the way to) El Conquistador

I agree with NytoParis -Hacienda Market in MiraMar is not too far from the airport and is worth the trip. They have great deli selections, breads and other yummy prepared foods.

Also there is a Fresh Mart 'health food store' in Carolina just off road 3 but they have much more limited selection.

Another spot to consider is Costco..not kidding they have good quality hummus, cheeses, sliced meats etc…there is one in the way from airport to Fajardo in Carolina too.

8. Re: Fresh food/markets near (or on the way to) El Conquistador

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 05:15