We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji Resort Managed by Hilton

Which Denarau Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
75 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Fiji Resort Managed by Hilton

Anyone stayed at this place recently. I read the reviews and there was 1 particular review from a Diamond Hilton member who blasted the place and ended up getting a full refund. I am using my Hilton points over xmas for a 1 week stay but am now worried about staying here.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
112 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji Resort Managed by Hilton

Hi. I was one of the very recent and very negative reviewers. I now see there is another even newer very negative review - also very accurate. I promise you that these reviews including mine are accurate - the place is 'the pits', has 'gone to the dogs' etc. Unless you have small children - and don't mind a pretty terrible place don't stay at the Hilton. I had a friend with a small child who has been there 10 days - and he said that day 2 they thought of leaving but had pre-paid. See my other reviews of places to see that I am a fair reviewer. Also don't forget that it is wet (very wet) season there at Xmas. Cheers, Stu

Sydney
Level Contributor
75 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji Resort Managed by Hilton

Last year i stayed during the same time but at the Westin, i really loved the Westin and the fact its attached to the Sheraton Hotels too. I have now cancelled my Hilton bookings and will go back to what i know. Thanks :)

Warren, Michigan
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiji Resort Managed by Hilton

I'm in the same boat as Jason, except with already purchased (non-refundable) airline tickets. I am a Diamond member as well and very concerned with the reviews. I contacted HHonors about these and they say that they have not heard any negative feedback. Not sure I believe them at this point. I'll be there and will just have to hope for the best. Thanks for the info.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
153 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiji Resort Managed by Hilton

lookforward to hearing how it goes

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiji Resort Managed by Hilton

We are heading there tomorrow so hopefully it's o.k as we had to make a very quick decision today as we were meant to be going to Phuket last night via Bangkok and of course with all the trouble over there we can't get flights so we spent 3/4 of today in the travel agents trying to organise everything and they recommended the Fiji resort so fingers crossed we have made the right decision as it's too late to change anything.

Will let you know when we get back how it all went.

Wendy

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiji Resort Managed by Hilton

Hi Jason,

Just to let you know that we are back from staying at the Hilton resort in Fiji. I would agree with some of the reviews regarding the balcony furniture...yes there was mould on ours which isn't acceptable in a resort of this standard and the coffeemaker having the cord too short to plug in (one more power point would make all the difference) and long life milk isn't good. However the staff are great and the facilities are good but expensive especially the spa. We used the spa at the Worldmark resort which was much cheaper and ate away from there a lot as it's so expensive to dine there. Buffet breakfast was excellent and we had no complaints about this.

As I didn't see the rooms in the other resort I can't comment on that but their foyer and shops etc seemed much better.

Hope this helps,

Wendy

Warren, Michigan
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiji Resort Managed by Hilton

Just back from Fiji, stayed at the Hilton. Very nice property, yes if you look for things to find wrong you can. However we went with a very relaxed attitude and enjoyed it greatly. The staff was always polite and more often than not VERY helpful. We visited friends at the Sofitel and the room was just like any other hotel room. At the Hilton we had a 1 bedroom unit that felt more like a condo than a hotel room. It had a kitchen that you could cook in, including all necessary pots, pans, and glass ware. A real fridge, microwave, and a dishwasher. The grill on the patio was very nice to have also. We ate breakfast at Nuku daily, a complete breakfast, not just cold cereal or bread buffet. It was a very relaxing experience. Yes the prices are higher than expected but it is resorts after all, prices at the port restaurants were much more reasonable. I would stay here again.

Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fiji Resort Managed by Hilton

I stayed here here in March whilst attending a conference.

I thought the resort was good. You can definately see that it is only managed by Hilton and I think that so long as you go there not expecting it to be a typical Hilton, then you will actually enjoy the place.

The staff (like all hotels in Fiji) were fantastic. I spent a fair amount of time around the pool area, which I must say was really nice. They had 3 pools and then a few smallers ones that all surround the main restaurant and bar. Cocktails are approx FJD$15.

Food at the resturant was good too. I had breakfast, lunch and dinner there.

The rooms were ok. As you walk in, you have a very small combined lounge / dining area and then a seperate bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom was big!

Overall, it was a nice hotel. Although I do have to admit, i think it lacked atmosphere. We had our conference next door at the Sofitel, and that place looked fantastic!

9. Re: Fiji Resort Managed by Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2009, 06:20