We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Which Denarau Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
9 posts
Save Topic
Weather

I am going to Fiji in a couple of weeks, staying at the Radisson. Pretty excited. Just wanting to know what the weather is doing that time of year. How warm during the day and night. Thanks.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Around the coast, the average night-time temperatures can be as low as 18deg and the average day-time temperatures can be as high as 32deg. Fiji experiences a distinct wet season (November to April) however much of Fiji's rain falls in heavy, brief local showers. I would take a light jacket or cardigan just in case its a bit breezy at night but you may well find you do not use it! Hope you have a good trip!

Adelaide
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Thanks for that. I was thinking of taking a light jacket but didn't know if I would need a bit more. You have been very helpful!!

Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

I came back on Monday. Weather was about 27 - 28 each day but dropped to about 17 at night so when dining outside you need something on your arms. Water in hotel pools was cool if you didn't keep moving. Read other forums about the Bula Bus,eating out at the Port and what you can take into Fiji in the way of snacks and have a great holiday

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,673 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Fiji seems to have had a cooler winter this year but as we are heading toward spring things should start to warm up. They have had quite a bit of rain too so hopefully this too will be gone. Wea re off in a few weeks too.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Hey Hooked hope it warms itself back up for our trips im past the 12 week countdown now and yours should be only a couple of weeks away max!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

I was wondering if anyone has recently returned (in the last 2-3 days) and can update us with Nadi weather conditions. I have done a 15 day long range forcast and found that for much of next week its forcast to rain.

sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

I noticed that too Tizana, as I am flying out on Saturday, but I am hoping that they will only be brief afternoon showers, rather than raining all day every day!

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

we have had a strange winter that's for sure!! More rain than usual, although no rain for the past week but a few overcast days. Some nights have been quite warm to the point of needing a little air-con (I NEVER use air-con during the winter months usually), but other nights have been quite cool... Anyway, most of the days have been sunny and warm so I don't think you have too much to worry about!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather

Is it very humid, to the point of uncomfy?

I'm due to leave on 23rd and I'm so hoping that weather will improve. Had another sneaky look and although nadi are experiencing nice weather at the moment, it is towards of next week that the rainy skys open up.

sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather

hey check out this link, a bit more detail than just 'showers' like other sites!

Looks like its going to be pretty humid, but I'm not as stressed anymore that it will just be raining all day every day!!!

http://www.accuweather.com/world-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&locCode=OCN|FJ|FJ004|NADI&metric=1