We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recomendations given

Which Denarau Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
279 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recomendations given

I had my best meal of my week long trip at Chef's Table. Great filet and much better than Cardo's next door. Very good service and selection and entree's. BYOB was $15.

the service was very good for fiji and they are highly recommended.

I also liked Cardo's next door for variety and good price as long as you realize service is slow when busy and spotty. they often had a bond at night or games on big screen TV.

Indigo was my second favorite. Great lunch specials and great Indian food.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recomendations given

thanks for the recommendations. I might be going next week and may end up staying a few nights in Denarau. Usually eat at Cardos but should give the others a try

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
279 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recomendations given

Chef's Table is a little more towards finer dining and much better service. Maybe slightly more than Cardo's but well worth it.

if you like Indian food than Indigo is a must.

I also ate at Flying Fish (Sheraon Hotel) one night and was not impressed. I did like Feast, the buffet at sheraton with a wide variety of good food options and cooked to order pasta and stirfry options.

Colorado
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recomendations given

You can also try Saffron (at Jack's in Nadi) for good Indian and vegetarian cuisine, or Maharaja's for more of a local restaurant.

Denarau
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recomendations given

I live on Denarau. Most if not all restaurants on Denarau are rubbish. The best restaurants are off the island, eg Restaurant 88, Daikoku and Bulacinos. The standard of food on Denarau is horrible and over priced eg V at the Sofitel. Be careful of the prices of grog. At the Sheraton a glass of wine is $22.00 and is usually a $AUD8.99 a bottle. The Golf Club is as bad. It is run by the Sheaton as well

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
734 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recomendations given

Hi DenarauLuciyjane

Where are restaurant 99, Daikoku and Bulacinos are they near Denarau and what sort of food any sea food? We are staying on Denarau again in March and usually eat at Cardos or at the pizza shop and would like to try somewhere different as you say the food at the resorts is expensive and just average

Dave

Ashland, Oregon
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recomendations given

Restaurant 88-- Nadi, Fiji

Hours Mon-Sat 11am-3pm and 6-10pm; Sun 9am-2pm and 6-10pm Location Northern Press Rd., Martintary, In the Martintar Area

Asian Hours Mon-Sat 11am-3pm and 6-10pm; Sun 9am-2pm and 6-10pm Location Northern Press Rd., Martintary, In the Martintar Area

Frommer's Review

This large upstairs room was a garment factory until émigrés from Singapore converted it into this restaurant. A wall-size photo of the Singapore waterfront attests to their origins, as do their Singaporean-influenced Chinese dishes and choices from nearby countries in Southeast Asia. Peking ducks hanging in the glassed-in kitchen become very good meals here, and the Thai fired chicken in curry and coconut sauce is excellent. The service is attentive and efficient, but this is no place for romance since a playpen in one corner attracts local families with children.

Daikoku Restaurant-- Nadi, Fiji

• Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood

• Price range*: $5-$15

• Address: Main St, Nadi, Viti Levu, Fiji

• Phone: 670 3622

Bulacino’s Restaurant—Nadi, Fiji

This restaurant is known for great cheap breakfasts and very good coffee.

I plan to visit all three next month. Woohoo!

Sydney
Level Contributor
488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recomendations given

Restaurant 88 and Daikoku are about a 5 min walk from The Mercure hotel.

Daikoku is on the corner and Restaurant 88 in the side street.

Have photos of our meal at Restaurant 88 - it's a huge room and lots of choices.

Will be trying out Daikoku next May as it has been highly recommended by some Fijian friends.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant recomendations given

Hi BaySydney

How was your meal at Restaurant 88? How would you rate it compared to Chefs, Cardos etc on Denarau (if you have been to any of these)

Sydney
Level Contributor
488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant recomendations given

Hi anf58,

We really enjoyed our meal at Restaurant 88 -- you can order either small, medium or large servings.

I havn't eaten at Chefs or Cardos to compare -- only at The Sofitel and Sonasali and I would head to Restaurant 88 over either of those hotel restaurants.

By the way, I have heard that Daikoku is better than Restaurant 88, but it wasn't open the Sunday night I was there last Sept.

Regards,

Julie.

Edited: 22 December 2009, 02:57
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant recomendations given

for Italian food, Amalfi at the port is great. Ate there last month and the meal was excellent