We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a meal plan available at the Westin?

Which Denarau Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a meal plan available at the Westin?

Hi all

We have breakfast included in our tariff and I am aware of the surrounding resorts where we will be welcome to dine and also the restaurants at the marina.

Is there also an option for a meal plan at the Westin?

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,329 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a meal plan available at the Westin?

Suggest you e-mail the Westin to see if they have meal plans.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a meal plan available at the Westin?

Hi, just returned from the Westin- spent a couple of days there after a week at mana island. Didn't see anything about meal plans - breakfast is great though. Had 2 lovely dinners- Amalfi at the Marina (Italian) and Sitar (Indian) which is located close to the Mercure hotel; about 15 mins taxi ride.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a meal plan available at the Westin?

Thanks for the tip Blaze and great to hear the breakfast at Westin is good.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a meal plan available at the Westin?

My friend stayed at the Sheraton units and there is a card you can buy that give you discounted meals at the 3 sheraton resorts. I think from memory she paid $150 for the card and its gave her really good discounts.

It was valid for 12 months and she gave it to me to use when I was there a week later but I never used it so cant say what discounts it provided.

She felt after her stay that it wasnt worth the purchase as she ate at many other restaurants once she was there and didnt get her monies worth so to speak.

The thing with meal plans with each resort is its a way to keep your business. They may give you a discount but you are forced to eat there or lose money so they win either way.

At Denarau you are spoilt for choice, unlike the islands.

Enjoy

I would be

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a meal plan available at the Westin?

Thank you for your comments and we do really look forward to it.

I think we will happily visit the other resorts and enjoy the options we come across including at the marina. If the breakfast is so good at Westin, then at least we won't be hungry by lunch time, but then again we are on holiday. Of course if we come across some good seafood, our plans will be all dashed and we will revisit over and over!

After 7 nights at the Westin and 3 nights Blue lagoon cruise, I don't know if we can survive coming back to reality.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a meal plan available at the Westin?

Hi, you mentioned seafood in your last post. We had the mixed seafood grill at Amalfi which was delicious. Also, there's another place but I haven't tried it yet. It's called Outer Reef and is at lot 2 Queens Rd Nataly, Namaka. A short trip in a taxi from Denarau. It has a seafood cafe and restaurant

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a meal plan available at the Westin?

Thanks Blaze, they are now on our list!

Warringah
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a meal plan available at the Westin?

Hi all,

We had our Seafood night at Outer Reef and we all agreed that it was truly worth it. The combination and the taste of Fiji's local Lobster, Mud Crabs, Snapper and Bugs was so yummy - for some reason it was so different to the taste we have here at home (Australia)I can't wait to have my next Lobster

9. Re: Is there a meal plan available at the Westin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2010, 07:18