We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri-La Resort vs Radisson Resort fiji

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Shangri-La Resort vs Radisson Resort fiji

Has anybody been to the Shangri-La and the Radisson resort in fiji? My family has been to the Shangri-La and loved it. We are planning another trip to fiji and was wondering if we should risk trying a different resort (Radisson) or stick to what we know. We would welcome any feedback from anyone who has visited both resorts.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri-La Resort vs Radisson Resort fiji

Both are really nice,, so thats not really a concern.

You need to ask yourself where you want to be based and if the beach is of importance to you.

Denarau is great for hopping resorts and using their facilities or trying their restaurants as they all line up in a row.. but I believe they are stopping pool hopping now which is a shame. The beach is not that nice in my opinion

Shangri La is on a much nice beach and much better water views and is closer to more interesting day activities.

It probably is best to decide based on what you want to do during the day :-)

Denarau is very close for island day tours where as Shangri La is a further hours drive away. You need to consider that as well :-)

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri-La Resort vs Radisson Resort fiji

Thank you for your reply to my query on Shangri-La vs Radisson Resort.

The beach is a big aspect for us on any holiday and with what you have mentioned in your post it sounds like the Shangri-La is the one for us.

Its just great that you can find out all the little details that help make a holiday just what your looking for this way.

Thanks again.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangri-La Resort vs Radisson Resort fiji

I had to make the same decision when I was looking at returning to Fiji. I have been to the islands and wanted to stay on the mainland for a change.

I ended up choosing the Shangri La Fijian as it was on the Coral Coast but still close enought to do Nadi to do day trips to the islands - this is where the best beaches and fantastic snorkelling is. Another factor was that the beach is better at the Shangri La than at the Raddison. Also I thought it was more like a Fiji holiday should be. Denarau reminds me of staying at the resorts here in Queensland on the Sunshine or Gold Coast.

Also I have copies of the menus, beverage list and activites list for the Shangri La Fijian if you would like a copy. Just send me a personal message with your email address.

Beerwalk :)

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shangri-La Resort vs Radisson Resort fiji

Thanks Beerwalk, no need for the menus etc, because we have stayed there before we have a fair idea what to expect. We are in no way interested in staying in a resort that is similar to Queensland, and your right in that the Shangra-La has a fijian feel to it.

Thankyou for your reply

Bmum1

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shangri-La Resort vs Radisson Resort fiji

Not a problem!!

When are you going?? We are off at the end of March (not long now!!)

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shangri-La Resort vs Radisson Resort fiji

Im guessing your going back to the Shangra-La. Now that we have decided for sure where we are staying we will probably go June-July. Some family members want to go in the school holidays but we are a bit hesitant because we are unsure how crowded it will be then.

Have a great time in March, as im sure you will. There is really nothing quiet like lying on the beach with nothing to do but nazel gaze.

Bmum1

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shangri-La Resort vs Radisson Resort fiji

Yes sorry, we are going to the Shangri La. I would try and avoid school holiday as it can be quite busy........heaps of kids!!

Really looking forward to sitting on the beach sipping a cocktail!!

Have a great time whenever you decide to go!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Shangri-La Resort vs Radisson Resort fiji

Hi could you please send me the details you have on the Shangri La Resort in Fiji, we are looking at organising a last minute holiday for the family possibly going this Friday and I need as much information as possible as we have never been before.

Thanks

Voula

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Shangri-La Resort vs Radisson Resort fiji

Hi could you please send me the details you have on the Shangri La Resort in Fiji, we are looking at organising a last minute holiday for the family possibly going this Friday and I need as much information as possible as we have never been before.

Thanks

Voula

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Shangri-La Resort vs Radisson Resort fiji

Hi Voula, I am unsure if it is the beveridge and meal menus that you want and if that is the case then you need them from Beerwalk (maybe send him a private email) I am happy to send you any info about Shangra-La that you would like to know, just send another email ,

Regards Bmum1.