We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Hilton

We are about to book The Hiton for 10 nights in July. Our children are 6, 9 & 11. the hotel looks great, but I am worried that the kids club wont have enough to offer them. it sounds like it cater's to younger children. What else is there for kids to do? We are paying a lot of money so I don't want to be left with bored whining kids. are we making the right decision?

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton

Personally LW I wouldn't spend 10 nights at Denarau with 3 children. Unless you were planning to do day trips to the islands which can be quite expensive with 3 children.

The Radisson at Denarau is probably better for children with huge children pools with a slide.

The beach at Denarau is not good, it's not clear blue water nor white sand. In fact I wouldn't swim in it, it's murky.

I'd perhaps spend a couple of nights there and then stay on an island. Have a look at Malolo Island Resort or Castaway, both have plenty to keep the children occupied. Or Mana Island which is a bit cheaper.

Even some of the large Coral Coast Resorts like the Warwick, Outrigger or Shangra La have heaps of children's activities and better beaches than Denarau.

all the best LTB

Edited: 08 May 2011, 06:35
Australia
Level Contributor
614 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton

Agree with LTB.......venture out to the islands for a different look at Fiji, or if you wish to stay on the mainland, travel to the Coral Coast.

A night either side of our island stay was enough Denarau for us!

Happy holidaying!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton

A third vote here for the Islands --- In my opinion, your children will be happier on an Island rather than 10 days at The Hilton.

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton

Thank you so much for your feedback. i was so close to going ahead with the Hilton. After looking at the Coral Coast I can see now that we would be better there. Fingers crossed we get in somewhere. Trying for Outrigger or the Warwick. They sound fab for kids.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton

You're welcome LW

hope your stay with your family is fantastic on the Coral Coast, but don't forget an island visit too if you have time.

all the best with the plans

LTB

6. Re: Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 09:17