We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oolala day trip to Savala Is

Which Denarau Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hobart
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Oolala day trip to Savala Is

Hi guys

We're staying at Radisson a few nights in September and having looked at all the day trip options (finding nemo, south sea, resort island trips etc) i am really keen to do the Oolala day cruise. Someone in the 'things to do reviews' said they took their 18 month old along

but the sun vacations website says children under 2 not catered for on that

cruise. Can anyone confirm or deny this? We have a 5.5 year old and a 19 month old. I know I could leave baby with a caring babysitter at the resort but I'd rather choose a trip we can all go on.

My choice no.2 is just to catch the ferry to treasure island or somewhere similar but I really hope we can all do the trip to Savala Is.

Also is a day trip something you should

book online beforehand or is it better to arrange when we're there? It will just be

in the tassie school holidays time not the

mainlanders!

Also

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oolala day trip to Savala Is

I'd try emailing them on the email listed on the review site

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g612490…

I have a quick link to Storck Cruises, website operators of Oolala, and looks like the website's been sabotaged unfortunately.

all the best and hopefully somone else can offer assistance.

LTB

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oolala day trip to Savala Is

I would book at the desk at the marina for a good deal. We really enjoyed our trip but I would not take a small child.

Edited: 06 July 2011, 00:47
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,674 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oolala day trip to Savala Is

If you take an umbrella for the baby to shelter from the sun under then there should not be an issue. It does get hot. Up to you but maybe an island would be a better option.

Australia
Level Contributor
817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oolala day trip to Savala Is

I would do an island trip with a baby, you can at least get out of the sun if it gets too hot. The baby sitters are wonderful in Fiji but I wouldn't leave the resort without my kid's in case of an emergency. Our toddler split his head open at kid's club and I am glad I was easily located at the time.

Tracy

Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oolala day trip to Savala Is

We are just back from the Radisson and did the Finding Nemo trip with our 4 year old and 22mth old. It was good but we found it very rushed and now wished we had done a longer Island day trip.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,726 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oolala day trip to Savala Is

We were told that on the Oolala trip you were left on an island with no facilities, but were given a bean bag and an umbrella. That was not for us and am not sure anyone with a young baby would risk that.

And to be honest, I wonder what on earth that says for looking after the environment of the island, bearing in mind the frequency of the trips and the number of people visiting. Maybe there are 'facilities' put in place that I don't know about, but I'm not sure I would want to be wandering barefoot all over the island.

But, there again, maybe I've got it all wrong.

Hobart
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oolala day trip to Savala Is

Thanks for your help, I managed to contact them directly thru storck cruises and have a few more questions for them yet! Will wait and book when we arrive anyway, make a decision at the marina, Cheers

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oolala day trip to Savala Is

Their website seems ok again here's the link if you haven't already looked at it.

http://www.storckcruises.com/

Hong Kong
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Oolala day trip to Savala Is

the Oolala trip is definitely not for families with small kids.

but it was one of the highlights of our trip in Fiji, the other being the whitewater rafting. we went on this trip on our second day in fiji as we were pretty tired from our 10+ hour flight. it was very relaxing- drinks were complimentary just fyi. on a side note, there aren't toilets on the savala island- (you would have to take the boat back to the main boat) don't expect savala to be anything like the other islands in Fiji- it only takes a few minutes to walk around the island. you can snorkel, kayak- or just enjoy sitting on the beach. there isn't really much to do, but it's perfect if you are there just for relaxation. what i didn't expect was we were able to snorkel in the deeper parts (where you actually see more fishes) just before we boarded the main boat back to denarau. and the crew singing songs and playing on their ukelele just made us smile the whole time :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oolala day trip to Savala Is

Is there any way to make a reservation online? Their website does not seem to allow for online reservations. Otherwise if we have to bok thru their office at the Marina, how many days in advance do we need to make our reservation. Also nowhere soes it state the price of their day cruises. Can anyone advise?? Thanks.