We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping and Dining on Denarau

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Shopping and Dining on Denarau

Going to Denarau in June. What shopping and dining options are there if we don't want to go into Nadi?

Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping and Dining on Denarau

Hi just returned from a stay In denaru I stayed at radisson. I aet one night a margarita pizza from mamas pizza at the marina which wasn't bad it was nice enough , there is also another place to eat just at the end near the wharf that is always really busy though can't remember the name I didn't eat there but I heard from many people whilst there it was good! It had chairs and tables ect out front just right near wharf. Shopping is ok there are shops in Sheraton that are pretty good spent a bit there and shops in Sofitel. There is a jacks which is like a souvenir shop and a shop that has drinks in the Sheraton u can walk in those no one cares . Also if u Want to walk to wyndam which is just after radisson there is a little mini mart kind of shop in there we bpugh rice bubbles and UHt milk in a carton and had that for breaky every day. Have a good time! Try not to eat a lot at hotel as will cost a bit. Also the water court at radisson was really nice it's got Asian style food though stay clear of other restraunts there they are terrible

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping and Dining on Denarau

The port at the marina has many options for food, pizza, local fish ,meat ,more than the hotels, shopping is the same as nadi really the likes of tappoo, jacks ,hot ocean, if u need more info just email me...bula

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping and Dining on Denarau

Here's a link to Denarau restaurant reviews, some are at The Marina, & a few are within resorts.

tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurants-g612490-Denar…

Whatever your budget, there's plenty of great choices.

Anni

G N
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping and Dining on Denarau

We found Mama's Pizza and Bonefish restaurant really good. Plenty of souvenir and clothing shops at the marina as well. We really enjoyed just wandering through the different shops browsing.

Alameda
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping and Dining on Denarau

Will be at the WorldMark in June, leaving CA two weeks from Tuesday. We will do a lot of cooking, two caterers and a third who is a BBQer extraordinaire...bringing spirits and wine, due to reports of very expensive pricing - any idea what a bottle of good Australian white would be, or a sparkling or a red? witht he exchange rate, I'm not sure it's worth lugging stuff from here... Also wondering if post flooding, are there concerns about the fish or local meats, which we were planning to cook at the condo??

So excited about this trip! Love to go out to eat, if the food is delicious doesn't matter what the place looks like...so any advice would be welcome...have heard Cross is good, probably not going to eat pizza in Fiji, but looking for fish, local Fijian style restaurants too please...

Also wonder what local produce is? I have no idea...fruits and veggies easily had in the local markets?

Thank you so much for any info you can provide, preferable post flooding!

Susan

Edited: 20 May 2012, 19:12
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping and Dining on Denarau

Susan,

You'll be able to get decent wines starting from around $25 AUD a bottle. (about the same price USD)

And I might get deported for saying this, but do try New Zealand wines also-Sauvignon Blancs from the Marlborough region are fabulous!

Anni

Sydney
Level Contributor
6 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping and Dining on Denarau

I'm here now. Our sixth visit. Indigo is the best option IMO. A good mix of Indian and Asian food. Nadina, the Fijian place next to Indigo is ok. For atmosphere head to the hard rock. As far as shopping goes, everything you would need to buy is at the port.

8. Re: Shopping and Dining on Denarau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:17