We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money exchange NZ dolars to Fiji Dollars

dunedin
6 posts
Save Topic
money exchange NZ dolars to Fiji Dollars

Travelleing to Nadi on 26 December, and then transfering staight up to Voli Voli.

Where is the best place to get my Fiji dollars.

Can I take NZ cash to change to Fiji dollars at Nadi airport.

Or I am better off buying fiji dollars before I leave NZ.

Mentioned in this post
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Sydney, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: money exchange NZ dolars to Fiji Dollars

I always try and keep atleast some Fijian currency when traveling there. So it's probally not a bad idea to change some money in NZ prior to travelling. In saying that, you are able to change money at the airport or if you have time there are plenty of outlets located within Nadi town.

Mentioned in this post
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money exchange NZ dolars to Fiji Dollars

Hi.

I don't know about New Zealand, but my wife, through this forum, found that Australia Post will change our $AUS to $Fiji at no cost, SO LONG AS IT IS CASH FOR CASH - NOT CARD TRANSACTIONS. Maybe you could enquire with your local Post Office and see if they do the same thing.

All the best

Baz

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money exchange NZ dolars to Fiji Dollars

Don't get ripped off by currency exchanges at the airport., go in to Nadi and exchange your money there. You will get a far better rate.

Mentioned in this post
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
caves beach
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: money exchange NZ dolars to Fiji Dollars

Agree with Monti2...always change my money at Australia Post .Have compared different outlets but it comes up trumps all times.Airports rip you off!!

5. Re: money exchange NZ dolars to Fiji Dollars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 03:16