We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to take large cheese into Nadi?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
275 posts
328 reviews
Save Topic
Is it possible to take large cheese into Nadi?

My dad is coming on holiday to Denarau with us, and is an artisan cheese maker - so I'd love him to bring a wheel of beautiful cumin gouda cheese.

Will it get confiscated at Nadi customs, or is cheese and dairy not an issue?

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to take large cheese into Nadi?

Vacuumed packed cheese is not a problem to take into Fiji. As always, ALL food has to be declared. Not sure about a 'wheel' of cheese - what is this - will it be sealed and vacuumed packed? At times Customs baulk at 'eggy' food products. Chicken Maggi noodles (although made in Fiji!) have been known to have been confiscated recently.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
275 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to take large cheese into Nadi?

A wheel of cheese is a large circle of artisan cheese that is encased in wax. Like you would find in a European delicatessan.. We might be able to get a supermarket or butchery to vacuum seal it before he flies. I will look into it.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to take large cheese into Nadi?

I know what you mean now lol. This would have to be vacuumed packed at least. Good luck.

4. Re: Is it possible to take large cheese into Nadi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:19