We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large Family Holiday - Denarau Island - Which hotel?

Which Denarau Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Large Family Holiday - Denarau Island - Which hotel?

Hi, we are planning a holiday to Denarau Island in June to celebrate my fathers 60th birthday. There will be 5 adults and 2 children(aged 2 & 4) travelling together. Because of the age of our children we still require separate bedrooms and a kitchen or kitchenette style accommodation.

My husband and I stayed at Fijij Resort & Spa a few years ago (before children) and loved it there.

Question is, if we stay there do we go 2 x two bedroom villas or 1 x 3 bedroom villa for us all to share. And do we pay extra for the private plunge pool? Maybe not the safest with little ones running around?

My son still has a day nap so we still need some peace during the day without having to kick everyone out of the villa. Is it spacious enough for 7 people without being in each others face?

I also remember the restaurants being quite expensive. Even though kids eat free there.

Maybe we look at Sheraton Villas or Radisson Blu instead? More value for money? Their two bedrooms aren't true two bedrooms are they? I think they are interconnecting rooms.

Sorry for all the questions. Just really confused on where to stay because of the number of people travelling.

Can

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Large Family Holiday - Denarau Island - Which hotel?

another suggestion is Worldmark (Wyndham resort) at Denarau. The new wing opened this year and the resort has the best reviews I've seen on tripadvisor, for a hotel at Denarau. You dont need to have a timeshare, I've seen it advertised on wotif.com. and hotelscombined.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Yasawa Islands
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large Family Holiday - Denarau Island - Which hotel?

We stayed for a night at the Terraces Apartments in Denarau, in a 3 bedroom apartment. Two bathrooms, separate bedrooms, big living area and cooking facilities, laundry. There was a small pool in the garden. We had, 2 children, parents and grandparents in our party. Fine for a night for us, close to the Denarau shops and restaurants, but our preference is to stay in the Yasawas for a real Fiji experience.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Large Family Holiday - Denarau Island - Which hotel?

If you want to stay on Denarau - would definitely stay at HIlton - are you going during school holidays in June - if so it will be very expensive to check the australian school holiday dates for June. The plunge pool rooms are bigger but with little ones might be not so relaxing as no fencing!! I would also throw in that you look at Paradise Cove Resort in the Yasawa Island chain - it is so amazing with gorgeous accommodation that would suit your group - it does have a meal plan - the food is beautiful and plenty of choice. Definately worth having a look at - the photos really don't do it justice!!

Gorokan, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Large Family Holiday - Denarau Island - Which hotel?

We stayed at the Hilton with 4 adults & 3 children this time 2 yrs ago. Kids were 4,7 & 9, they had their rooms downstairs with their own bathroom, while my husband & I had our room upstairs with an ensuite, also my mother & sister in law were upstairs with their own room & had a HUGE bathroom too. The upstairs rooms are huge, omg it was a mansion lots of space, huge verandahs. Problem was though, the 3 bed apartments are a LONG walk from all the pools & amenities. We are going to Fiji in 3 weeks but staying at Sheraton. My husband & I went to Fiji in June on our own (no kids) & stayed at the Sheraton & loved it. Rooms aren't anywhere near as big but we preferred the layout of the Sheraton & the fact that we could use the pools from the Sheraton villas & the westin.

5. Re: Large Family Holiday - Denarau Island - Which hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 05:19