We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Weeks Sonaisali 6 Weeks Yee Ha

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
6 Weeks Sonaisali 6 Weeks Yee Ha

Hey everyone! Well another week has passed so i am now down to 6 weeks till departure. Still have not worked out the daily activities yet (Any seasoned Fiji travel person if you have some awesome suggestions i would be interested have run out of the everyday activities having been to Fiji so very many time's) but have got the hire car organized through Avis again as they are great. Have been enjoying the warmer and dryer weather in Sydney however i think i'm about to see a bit of rain over the next week while waiting out my countdown. Hopefully secured my fav room on the resort as well! Also looks like my flight in business class is almost full which is amazing usually it is half empty guess i will see the end result on the day! Done more clothes shopping my bad and now have way to much stuff to take so not looking forward to the what to take not to take argument i'm going to have with myself in a few weeks! Almost time to dust off the suitcase! Hoping everyone has a great week ahead in my countdown and everyone's waiting time goes quickly!

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 Weeks Sonaisali 6 Weeks Yee Ha

This subject has become a chat room which is contrary to TA guidlines. Postings should be used to give travel advice.Without being nasty BS If every person going to Fiji decided to give a weekly run-down on their preparations and thoughts TA would be packed with irrelevant material.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,659 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 Weeks Sonaisali 6 Weeks Yee Ha

Just a bit of fun but maybe it could be kept shorter......Four weeks for us.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,013 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 Weeks Sonaisali 6 Weeks Yee Ha

Well actually MR - BS is asking for suggestions on daily activities so technically speaking - if you read her post - she is asking for advice. Besides - we all like her weekly countdown :)

BS - Have you done the Sigatoka Cane Train? It's good for a run out to Natadola. What about the Robinson Crusoe Fire Dancing? The night time show is great.

7 weeks for us!

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 Weeks Sonaisali 6 Weeks Yee Ha

Sorry to offend anyone with my weekly rant and questions or update's was not meant to be like that. Just thought it was a bit of fun and also getting information at the same time. I did this last trip and i didn't offend anyone or have any comments directed at me. I was asking in this message for info on activities that i may not have done and also providing information on what services i have booked to give other's an idea re Avis car hire. It is always nice to hear from other people that may be going to travel at the same time also. Not sure if i will post any further as i don't want to offend anyone and i certainly was not out to "Break the rule's". I though my information on activity outings and services i may use when away was giving other people information an ideas they may like to use. I also ask for info in my post's but perhap's this is no longer acceptable. Again sorry to have offended anyone!

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 Weeks Sonaisali 6 Weeks Yee Ha

tez823 was thinking of doing the cane train this trip as in all the years i have been to Fiji i have never made it. I do love Natadola. Have you done the trip yourself? Was just wondering if you had did you stop at the Caves or a village on the journey?

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 Weeks Sonaisali 6 Weeks Yee Ha

Just to let everyone know i have just read the Forum Guidelines and i am pretty sure i have not broken the rules. Please see below of what is acceptable: The forums are friendly, interactive discussion areas of our site where members can ask for and share their opinions, advice and experiences as travelers. You can get a lot of great travel advice in the forums, however keep in mind that any information and advice offered by other members should be taken with a dose of common sense and treated as a starting point for your travel research. In my opinion my Sonaisali posts come under sharing my opinions and advice and experience with other people. It's not like i have been asking for recipes or what's on the TV tonight! I always keep my info to Fiji and mostly Sonaisali specific!

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 Weeks Sonaisali 6 Weeks Yee Ha

manaregular so sorry i have upset your apple cart. I will try to be a bit more Fiji and Sonaisali specific in any future post's i make however am a bit weary now as i feel bad about your comment's. I do not go out of my way to offend or break rules and my posts have certainly not done that! Just trying to have a bit of Fiji specific fun! All Good I Hope

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 Weeks Sonaisali 6 Weeks Yee Ha

All good Blue -- I'm sure you havn't offended anyone, not me anyway.

Hope you have a great holiday.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 Weeks Sonaisali 6 Weeks Yee Ha

Thanks BaySydney3 I do love tripadvisor and talking with you all about our holidays and helping out new fiji holiday makers with detail's and idea's. Getting quite excited about the next journey just trying to now get newer ideas on daily activitie's as always looking to do a few day trips etc while their. Thinking of doing Can Train to Natadola trip but not sure on all info as i have read the train stops at Cave's on the way which is fine but other account's have listed a village stop over and chief visit and this i would prefer not to do as i am unable due to medical reasons sit on the floor and do not want to offend during the Kava ceremony. Will see perhaps someone has done this trip of late and can let me know!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 6 Weeks Sonaisali 6 Weeks Yee Ha

Hi, we have done cane train into Sigatoka, not sure if it still runs this way (was April 2009 when we went). No stops on the way as the trip took ages due to a fallen tree! Fiji time.

We did the Natadola cane train in January this year. We did a short walking tour of the village near Shangri La, then the caves. The walk to the caves was a but rough but our kids ( youngest 4 at the time) were fine with it!!

Highlight was the local kids throwing water at us as we passed through their village. Lunch was also quits good, like an Aussie/fiji BBQ and then we had about an hour on the beach before returning.

We thought it was good value for money!

Dare I say.... 13 days til Mana.

Get answers to your questions about Sonaisali Island