We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there access to CBA ATMs?

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Is there access to CBA ATMs?

Will be staying at Shangri-la and was wondering if there are ATMs for Commonwealth Bank cards nearby.

Victoria
Level Contributor
523 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there access to CBA ATMs?

From memory I would say no. We took some cash, travellers chqs and credit card.

Deb

Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there access to CBA ATMs?

No CBA ATMs in Fiji, I have only seen Westpac, Colonial & ANZ. I have used my CBA card at the ANZ & Westpac ATMs no problem, charges apply. Westpac also lists an ATM machine at the Shangri-la, but check with the resort to make sure it is still there! The nearest town would be Sigatoka which has both ANZ & Wespac branches.

Have a great trip

Bruert

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there access to CBA ATMs?

Thanks for that. Am looking forward to a great trip.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,603 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there access to CBA ATMs?

You are better off paying for as much as you can witha credit or debit card. Getting cash from the ATM's can get expensive so check with your back in Australia before going as to what you can expect to pay. You would be better off taking Aussie dollars with you and changing them at the Airport in Nadi the ANZ have a bank on the left as you come out of the customs hall and they offer a good exchange rate. There are ATM machines at Port Denarau marina. Most of the larger stores take credit cards.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,603 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there access to CBA ATMs?

Sorry I meant to say ATM machines in Sigatoka not the Pt. Denarau marina (there is one there but you won't be near it. Have a great time.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there access to CBA ATMs?

As far as im aware no im a loyal customer of the old commonwealth and have never in my many years of travel used or seem one! Certainly nothing at Shangri-la i would suggest either using a credit card billing everything to your room and paying when you leave or take some cash from either sydney or get some in Nadi when you arrive or you could even take T/Cheques most resorts will change these for you. Regards

Sydney, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there access to CBA ATMs?

Thanks will take cash and credit cards.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there access to CBA ATMs?

There is an ATM at the Shangri La - it takes all cards and the exchange rate is very competetive. it's handy if you just want a little bit of cash for supplies in Sigatoka, taxi fares - or a tip for the babysitter.

9. Re: Is there access to CBA ATMs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2010, 07:21