We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room type at the Shangri la

Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Room type at the Shangri la

Apologies if this has been asked before but we are heading to Fiji in August and intend on staying at the Shangri la. We are two adults and 2 kids aged 14 and 10. I'm confused over which room type would suit us best, Deluxe Ocean Family or Superior Ocean View. Would really appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room type at the Shangri la

Hi, this is from the resort's website-

“Ideal for families and groups travelling together, the warmly designed DELUXE OCEAN FAMILY ROOMS features one king-size bed and two divans. This layout offers enough room to accommodate up to three adults, or two adults and three children. Features-Private balcony with uninterrupted views of the South Pacific Ocean.Bathrooms feature plush cotton towels, exclusive Shangri-La toiletries and a shower cubicle. Each room offers 43 sqm / 462 sqf of luxury.

”“Superior Ocean View Rooms are ideal for families in a quieter corner of the resort and located close to Cafe Coral and Golf & Gym Bure. Features: Located close to the Coral Pool. Bathrooms feature plush cotton towels and exclusive Shangri-La toiletries. Each room offers 32 - 36 sqm / 344 - 387 sqf of luxury.”

You can also read the reviews of the resort on tripadvisor and private message a reviewer with any questions you may have. Hope this helps

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room type at the Shangri la

HI I know this review is extremely late but I would definitely go with the deluxe ocean view room. The difference between the two is that the deluxe ocean view room is located on the ground floor. It is bigger and opens onto the lawn. It is so relaxing to sit outside on the verandah and wander down to the beach. The bedding is one king bed and divan from memory but I am positive they could get at least one rollaway bed in if needed possibly two.

The superior ocean view is located on levels one and two and has a tiny balcony. Going up and down stairs every time you go out is just not the same experience as wandering out from your room down to the beach. These rooms have two double beds generally and are not as big as the deluxe rooms.

Reply to: Room type at the Shangri la
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted