We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

speciality lodge with spa

india
Level Contributor
450 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
speciality lodge with spa

hi once again , i am planning for 2 nights in a specialty loge with BNB and a spa , i have checked with Riverview Terrace and Wanaka lakehouse , i loved both the properties , but unfortunately both are unavailable for my dates 14 &15 August . kindly suggest some other similar properties

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,364 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: speciality lodge with spa

Wanaka Homestead is available the dates you require http://www.wanakahomestead.co.nz/

Tiritiri Lodge is exceptional and is available http://www.tiritirilodge.com/

india
Level Contributor
450 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: speciality lodge with spa

Tiritiri is awesome but out of my budget , will mostly book Wanaka Homestead . thanks once again WanakaLakes

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,364 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: speciality lodge with spa

When booking it is always best to contact the accommodation directly - but also take a look at rates on www.wotif.com for possible discounts.

If booking directly is more expensive, get back to them and ask of they will match the wotif rate - in most cases they will.

Best of luck :)

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: speciality lodge with spa

We agree with WL about checking Wotif then getting back to the accommodation provider to see if they will provide same price without the wotif clip charge. We have done similar ourselves, sometimes successfully sometimes not.

It is worth noting though, that Wotif take a very dim view of this practice. They can refuse to list that accommodation provider in the future as this is a breach of their T & Cs. By all means try this approach but be understanding if the provider chooses not to play.

india
Level Contributor
450 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: speciality lodge with spa

yes i will do that . i had one more question , i have just received an email by Riverview terrace saying that they are available on 16 & 17 august , so i was thinking of traveling from MTCook/aoraki directly to Te Anau first and then coming to Wanaka , my few questions are , how long will this drive be , is it possible to this . kindly suggest

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,364 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: speciality lodge with spa

Aoraki to Te Anau is a long drive in winter conditions. Better to go Aoraki to Queenstown to Te Anau to Wanaka.

If you post your planned trip we can better advise you :)

india
Level Contributor
450 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: speciality lodge with spa

i had planned to begin from CHS to Aoraki 1 night halt

next day to Wanaka for 2 nights from there 2 nights Te anau take a bus tour of milford sound . from te anau to queenstown 3 nights . fly from queenstown to chs

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,364 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: speciality lodge with spa

it's a good itinerary you have and it's very easy to alter.

Aoraki/Mt Cook

Queenstown

Te Anau

Wanaka

drive to Queenstown (1 or 2 hours depending on which route you take) - fly out from Queenstown

or ...

Aoraki/Mt Cook

Queenstown

Wanaka

Te Anau

drive 2 hours to Queenstown, fly out from Queenstown

safe travels :)

india
Level Contributor
450 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: speciality lodge with spa

thanks Wanaka

10. Re: speciality lodge with spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 10:17