We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time Snowboarding

Airlie Beach...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First time Snowboarding

Hi All,

I am looking at coming to Wanaka this year probably about August/ September time. I have only been on the snow twice and both those times I was skiing. This time I would really like to Snowboard. Are lessons expensive? Is there a good company to go with?

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time Snowboarding

As a beginner then Cardrona is probably best for you. Although having said that, Treble Cone's learner slope is free. There are usually good beginners packages that include lift, lesson and gear rental. Look on the ski fields' websites for more info.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
479 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time Snowboarding

Just a side note... If they offer them, wear a helmet and wrist guards... I was a pretty experienced skier the first time I went snow boarding, broke my wrist. On skis you tend to fall side to side... on snow boards you tend to fall front or back and I think you are more likely to try to break your falls with your hands that way...

Level Contributor
13,820 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time Snowboarding

IMHO there are far too many unguided missiles on snow boards as it is.

Please stick to skiing.

4. Re: First time Snowboarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:15