We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from ZNZ airport to Nungwi. 2011

Which Nungwi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from ZNZ airport to Nungwi. 2011

I see recent reviews that the taxi ride is about $50 each way. Why would Doubletree's website say $90 as a typical minimum charge for a taxi? Thanks.

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from ZNZ airport to Nungwi. 2011

Hotels are charging in a high prices because most of them are using other Operators for their transfers,so they add their little profit margin on each of their services.Some of them go up to US$ 100 each way.

The actual bargaining cost is US$ 40- 50 per car one way out of the Hotel

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from ZNZ airport to Nungwi. 2011

Often hotel organised transfers, and the ones we arrange are slightly more expensive than those you can get outside the airport. I cannot speak for everyone but all our drivers are carefully vetted and extremely knowledgeable. All speak fluent English and in most cases several other languages as well. We have also checked the vehicles for safety, they all have air con and we provide cold mineral water inside the vehicle. Our drivers will also wait for you at the airport and assist with baggage etc. After a long flight its often nice to know that everything is already taken care of and that you are in safe hands and know exactly where they’re going. Sometimes attempting to negotiate a lower price on arrival can be a false economy as the drivers will continue the negotiation process throughout the journey and so on.

We give all our clients the choice. We certainly do not insist people book our recommended transfers and often people decide not to as haggling etc, can be part of the fun... I reckon it’s down to you and the way you like to travel.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,599 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from ZNZ airport to Nungwi. 2011

Also, the fact that the hotel vehicle drives one segment "empty" (dead-heading). So covers for both to and from, whether picking up from or returning to airport. Divide the $90 by 2, there's the $45 each way. Besides, also that fuel prices have increased.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,992 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from ZNZ airport to Nungwi. 2011

Okay. We've done one-way by taxi so far.

I'm not sure if bargaining is worth the hassle.

Zanzibar airport now has a taxi stand with somewhat regulated fares. The current going price for airport to Ras Nungwi is US$60 or 84,000 TZS, still fairly well situated within the price ranges mentioned in the reply posts in this thread. 84,000 TZS is the much better deal than US$60. I did not see any ATM's at Zanzibar airport, but there are several foreign exchange desks, whose rates still made TZS payment better.

My mind has not retained fares for other destinations from the airport.

5. Re: Transfer from ZNZ airport to Nungwi. 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Nungwi