We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do meals cost at Shooting Star?

Torino
3 posts
Save Topic
How do meals cost at Shooting Star?

Hello, I will spend my holidays in Zanzibar in august 2011 with my husband and two children aged 3 and I have an offer for Shooting Star Lodge, bed & breakfast.

I was wondering which budget I have to consider for the meals there and if you have loved Shooting Star's cuisine.

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
Shooting Star Lodge
Shooting Star Lodge
296 Reviews
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
Zan View Restaurant
££ - £££, Seafood, African, European
La Base JungleKite
££ - £££, African, Bar, Fast food
Pesce Biricchino
££ - £££, Italian, African, Seafood
Valencia
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How do meals cost at Shooting Star?

Its best to go for Half board and then you can either have a full lunch or a snack, allow approx $15 for a full lunch. The great thing about Shooting Star is that they are very flexible to your needs, and are happy to serve special childrens meals at earlier times etc.

As with all the restaurants in Zazniabr the Shhoting Star relys on local supplies, but the menu changes daily and there is always a fish, a meat and a vegetarian option. Ive always enjoyed the food there.

Happy Holidays!

Mentioned in this post
Shooting Star Lodge
Shooting Star Lodge
296 Reviews
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
Tanzania
Level Contributor
516 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do meals cost at Shooting Star?

I agree with MarcusValencia, book on Half Board as you are not really going to be going out for dinner at other hotels as this would require a taxi and so on. At least you then have the flexibility for lunch times, some people are not so hungry and only need a nibble at lunch time but at least you know your dinners are covered and you won't need to worry about that once there.

3. Re: How do meals cost at Shooting Star?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Kiwengwa