We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice beach resort near Dumaguete

Which Dumaguete City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madrid, Madrid...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Nice beach resort near Dumaguete

Hi,

temporary Im on Siquijor and that island is REALLY too sleepy for me. Today Ive driven the whole island around and you cannot buy coconut juice or anything similar ANYWHERE on the island except in resorts :((( do that I dont even mention some nice place to eat - only resorts again :(((( realy unturistic island in this season :((

because i have flight from Dumaguete in 8days Im thinking of changing my location to Negros...

And because I havent researched Negros before, I need your help if there are any nice places around Dumaguete, where there are nice resorts and white beaches, but at evening it is possible to go around shops and restaurants l, bars etc...this Siquijor is REALLY too sleepy island for me, although I need a peaceful rest...

PLEASE FOR URGENT HELP !!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,405 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice beach resort near Dumaguete

Marc C ... Siquijor was always going to be a sleepy town. No-one on this forum suggested otherwise. Im assuming you read our prior posts and researched this place before going. I love the place for that very reason....to get away from it all.

I think Boracay has what you are looking for!!!

Dumugette has bars and nice restaurants but not beaches that you are seeking. Our resident DE S2S may be able to advise you further but Im not sure Negros has what you are looking for.

Tommo

Madrid, Madrid...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice beach resort near Dumaguete

I understand it is a sleepy town, but didnt imagine it would be THAT sleepy :)) unable to buy a decent drink anwhere or get a decent meal...

Boracay might be too far, because I have 8days only, and dont want to be on road all the time....

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,707 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice beach resort near Dumaguete

Bite the bullet and go to Boracay! You don't need 2 days to travel there. You can reach there in a day with two flights! ;)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,612 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice beach resort near Dumaguete

For coconut juice. Just stop the first person you see on the side of the road and tell them you want coconut juice. They will either get it for you or find some one who will. Don't expect it chilled though. For best results, stop some one carrying a bolo knife at their side.

If a business is going to bother having a restaurant for foreigners, they have to open it where the foreigners will be. However, I have heard, but not seen it for myself, that there is a nice restaurant on the pier in Siquijor town.

It is a resort but did you try Coco Grove for a drink? They have a resto/bar right by the sea. Drinking cocktails by the sea there is very pleasant. Or at least it was last time I was there.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,405 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice beach resort near Dumaguete

I agree Coco Grove Resort is a lovely spot. Great beach good food reasonable priced drinks including a swim up bar.

Tommo

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice beach resort near Dumaguete

White sand beaches are not in Negros. I would suggest Mikes, El Dorado and Pura Vida but that might not be in your budget as they are all resorts. Otherwise, why not stay in Dumaguete and go to the beach for the day? It isnt that far. You have the choice of not pricey restos and night life as well. It is a town really.

essex
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice beach resort near Dumaguete

try to go to Bacolod there is a Maskara festival on going at the moment so its more lively and lots of bars as well beaches not that far but not sure if there is white beach there. but if you fancy night out its the best time in Bacolod now, its in Negros Occidental think about 4 to 5 hrs drive from Dumaguete.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice beach resort near Dumaguete

Good suggestion. Nearest white sand beach is Lakawon an hour away. But nothing special really. Beaches in Hinobaan are better. I guess they are white enough. Anyways, Bacolod is 3-4 hrs by private car snd 5-6 hrs by bus. Get an overnight bus. More convenient.

9. Re: Nice beach resort near Dumaguete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:17