We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Surat Thani Airport from Chumphon

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Ilha do Sal, Santa Maria
Level Contributor
456 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Surat Thani Airport from Chumphon

Hi - I've previously taken a minibus bus from Chumphon to Surat Thani town but on the next trip I need to get to Surat Thani airport instead.

Does anyone know if the minibuses from Chumphon will drop me off at Surat Thani airport (since they pass it on the way from Chumphon - even if it's on the roadside) or do they insist on dropping you only in town meaning I've got to get a cab back out again? Or are there any minibuses from Chumphon directly to Surat Thani airport?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Surat Thani Airport from Chumphon

Definitely, you can ask the driver to drop you at Surat Thani Airport by the road side.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Surat Thani Airport from Chumphon

Hello, how long did it take you to get from chumphon to surat thani by bus/minivan? And how did you get it? Many thanks. Lio

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Ilha do Sal, Santa Maria
Level Contributor
456 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Surat Thani Airport from Chumphon

Hi - it was a while ago now so I can't remember exactly but it's no more than a couple of hours by minibus. It's easy to get the minibus from Chumphon - they leave when they're full (which doesn't take long) from a side street in the town - ask anyone for directions. Sorry, I can't remember the cost but it's reasonable.

4. Re: Getting to Surat Thani Airport from Chumphon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:41