We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chumphon to Bangkok - railway service

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Chumphon to Bangkok - railway service

Hi there. My girlfriend and I will be leaving Koh Tao on Saturday 14th September. We have a flight booked to Hong Kong in the early hours of Monday (16th) morning and therefore, need to be back in Bangkok by Sunday evening.

I was wondering what people's experiences of trains are from Chumphon? Do they leave frequently? Is there any change to the schedule on a Sunday?

If I know they leave frequently and they are reliabile, I would consider spending a relaxing night in Chumphon and leaving on the Sunday (15th) morning. I have tried to look at Thai rail sites, but they have proved to be unreliable. Can anyone advise?

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chumphon to Bangkok - railway service

You could always look at the timetable published by the railway company:

railway.co.th/home/…

Scroll down to 'back', the first 13 trains probably pass through Chumphon but I'll leave that for you to check. Click the link under where it says 'Show Timetable' for each train.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chumphon to Bangkok - railway service

Trains can be delayed, note there are also from Koh Tao ferry+express bus services offerd by Lomprayah, also ferry+flight offered by Nok Air

3. Re: Chumphon to Bangkok - railway service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 09:18