We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ruse in one day

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ruse in one day

Hi, my husband and I will go to Edirne in September for 4 days. Since it was near to Bulgaria, I thought to visit Ruse. Any suggestion? Advice on transportation and attraction for one day is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Edirne
Edirne
Edirne Province, Turkey
2 replies to this topic
Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
301 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ruse in one day

Dohodno sdanie ("Income building") - a beautiful early XXc buildimg in the centre

The centre - many old buildings there

The Sexaginta Prista ancient Roman military camp. The place is small andnot much left, butthe museumguide is very knowledheable

The park around the Pantheon - some nice old tombs there as it used to be agraveyard and sometombs were preserved.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
301 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ruse in one day

Outside the city - Ivanovo rock hewnchurches which is a UNESCO site

Cherven fortress

S.Dimitar Basarbovski rock hewn monastery

I can't help with information aboutorganized tours to these 3places, but I presume you'llbetravellingby car. All 3 areon your way south to Edirne, each of these only a few km away from Ruse by car.

Ivanovo rock churches - nearby Ivanovo village

Cherven fortress -nearby thevillage Cherven

The monastery is earby Basarbovo village.

All three are reachable by car, either use GPS or get a map of Bulgaria when in Ruse.

When close to the sites, there should be brown signs (for historical sites) n the roads for each of the three.

When in Ruse, you don't need a car, everything is within walking distance. During the week parking in the centre is paid.

Mentioned in this post
Edirne
Edirne
Edirne Province, Turkey
Ruse
Ruse
Ruse Province, Bulgaria
Reply to: Ruse in one day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ruse Province